Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New -- TD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New -- TD
    Posted: December 02 2021 at 01:47
Hi,

Just came across this and there is a video of it on the toob ... and it is good, and much better than the stuff they had been doing. Some nice passages and the video is cool.

It's called RAUM and the website lists 5 pieces, with Raum being the big one, and then also edited which I imagine is what the video is per length. The piece otherwise shows at almost 15 minutes. I'm getting the CD I think, although I imagine that in Flac or regular download you'll probably get more.

They are also writing on their website that this is not possible to do live. But I can not imagine them not doing this live in some form! That would not be TD!

https://www.tangerinedreammusic.com/en/music/index.asp
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2021 at 02:32
Their Sessions albums have all been at least very good, so I'm in for this one as well. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2021 at 05:43
I love Tangerine Dream, s this is a gift for the holiday season to me.
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2021 at 07:57
According to their YouTube feed...

'Raum' is the Single Edit release taken from the Tangerine Dream EP 'Probe 6-8'. Out 26th November 2021 on Kscope/Eastgate Music.
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2021 at 14:18
TD are playing a small venue near to us in the Spring; i was a little uncertain whether to book tickets (having not seen them since 1996) but i think i will check this out and probably go for it!

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 00:45
I listened to Probe 6-8 on Apple music recently and didn't like it much tbh. The last album I like by them is Particles which includes the Stranger Things theme.
bertolino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bertolino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 04:29
Anything done by the Thorsten Quaeschning / Ulrich Schnauss version of TD is way much better than any version since the classic trio. Both come from the IDM, new electronic generation. They're not Froese jr but it's in their hands that Edgar passed the brand before his passing. Particles and or Quantum Gates must be hear!
45 years of prog listening and still movin'
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2021 at 06:49
Originally posted by wiz_d_kidd wiz_d_kidd wrote:

According to their YouTube feed...

'Raum' is the Single Edit release taken from the Tangerine Dream EP 'Probe 6-8'. Out 26th November 2021 on Kscope/Eastgate Music.

Hi,

The only concern I have is the note that states that this material is not ready for prime time ... that is to be played live. I want to hear this, not different versions of something else, I keep thinking. I love the older stuff and the medium stuff and the later stuff from EF and friends, but this one is special.

Of note: ... this new piece is much more in line with a lot of the electronic folks playing around Germany, specially the Syngate stuff, but not exactly the only one ... by hearing many of these on SPR, it has become clear that TD had "lost it" from the touches you were hearing here, and this piece, is much more in line with these folks and perhaps an improvement, although I am not sure of that, but it is very nice. Very different from the early stuff in that the main themes are kinda behind/under the electronics, which makes for a different sound, but still more electronic than ever, and at least not so mechanically electronic as it has been for 5 years.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply