Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Miles RIP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Miles RIP
    Posted: December 06 2021 at 13:56
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2021 at 14:40
Yet more sad news.. RIP John

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2021 at 14:58
RIP
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2021 at 16:55
Family's announcement:

We are devastated to have to announce that ‘Mr Music’ John Miles sadly passed away peacefully after a very short illness . He was a loving Husband, Father and Grandfather and we will all miss him more than any words could ever express. We kindly ask you to respect our privacy at this extremely difficult time. He will live on forever in our hearts and with the wonderful musical legacy he has left behind . You were our first love and will be our last. Our Husband, Father , Grandfather and hero . We Love you . Xxx
Eileen, John Miles jnr , Tanya , Steve , Marcus and Ollie.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2021 at 17:24
Not common knowledge is that John Miles sang on a song that was part of the 2002 album by Triumvirat that never got released, the track being "When The Chips Lay Down To Die".
           I got introduced to the music of John Miles from someone at work, who lent me a copy of an album of his from the 1970s, "Rebel".
        RIP, John Miles.
TerLJack View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerLJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2021 at 08:20
I'll be listening to "Zaragon" today.
Cry
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2021 at 08:42
music was his first love, and it was his last. R.I.P.

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Steve Wyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Wyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2021 at 10:38
One of the greatest vocalists ever! Very few people could handle a bristling rocker like "Pull the Damn Thing Down" as well as a poignant ballad such as "The Shadow of a Lonely Man" like he could. Not everything he did was immaculate, but he could even record what I call a "St.Elmo's Fire" album like Transition and make it enjoyable. He will be truly missed.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2021 at 18:10
Talented guy. High Fly was one of my favourite songs as a kid at school. Great lyrics and singing. 
RIP.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2021 at 08:48
My condolences to his family, friends and fans. May he now rest in peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply