Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Down by the Riverside

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 19:49
I do love Riverside, and they have been very well loved in this forum too. I guess there hasn't been much talk about them lately because they haven't released new material in a little while, and prog metal has lost a bit of the prominent place it used to have a few years ago. In the 00's when prog metal was at it's height, they were one of the top bands around.
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 20:46
Yes, being a new member I most likely missed all the Riverside discussions, particularly given that they haven't released new material in a while.

However, there a lot of bands who haven't released new stuff in a while that get discussed quite regularly here.

I guess the reason I posted a Riverside thread is because I was listening to them (along with Lunatic Soul) quite regularly just before I joined up here, and I was seeking some opinions on their output.

I'm pleased to see the regard they are held in here.
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
Zeph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 23:24
The bands being discussed and polled are mostly the most popular 60-70’s bands, which many can’t get enough of. You don’t see many other later, popular bands discussed much either. Like Porcupine Tree.

Edited by Zeph - December 14 2021 at 23:25
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 23:53
Gary, you stated your favourite Riverside album (yours is Love, mine is Waste), but I don’t think you said what your favourite LS is? (Mine is Fractured, yours is….?)

[EDIT] Hey look! I wrote a short post! Woop, woop! 🤪

[second EDIT] It occurs to me that, because of your signature, your favourite Riverside album should be the same as mine. 😜

Edited by nick_h_nz - December 14 2021 at 23:57
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2021 at 00:17
Hmm...my favorite Lunatic Soul album would be a toss up between "Under the Fragmented Sky" and "Fractured". If I was forced to choose, I would probably plumb for "Fractured".

I do like "Wasteland" but I've spent more time with "Love, Fear and the Time Machine" and I do like the mellower feel of "Love...".

[Aside] "I will show you fear in a handful of dust."Wink
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2022 at 14:59
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Love Riverside, Lunatic Soul is a hit and miss with me. 

Open some threads, start some discussion, no worries. Smile
So how do you feel about Red Rider's Lunatic Fringe?
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2022 at 16:05
Riverside .... Great
RockHound View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockHound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2022 at 15:16
Riverside is amazing. Duda's voice is, IMHO, among the best in rock history.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12