Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More Pink Floyd News

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More Pink Floyd News
    Posted: December 17 2021 at 04:47
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2021 at 05:14
That should be interesting to watch. I’m looking forward to it.
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2021 at 05:37
That's great, and about time!

My go to concert document for live Floyd music has been "David Gilmour: Live at the Royal Albert Hall" not only for its superior sound quality but also because it contains an absolutely stonking version of "Echoes".
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2021 at 09:54
Hi,

I don't know ... I saw the band 4 times ... Hollywood Bowl 1972 ... Sports Arena (I think) for DSOTM ... Sports Arena again (show that people got busted for dope!) ... and then Anaheim Stadium, in the show that RW went ballistic.

I have the Pulse video and the Poland video, and while far out and neat ... somehow, the excitement of those early shows were much more to my tastes. I loved, dearly, the original "Raving and Drooling" and "You gotta be Crazy" ... along with the DSOTM show ... and the memories of those shows are still very valuable to me, and very vivid in my mind. Seeing RW later do THE WALL in Portland, was a cheap version of the original for me (review in PA on a thread I think) ... and from then on, the band kinda lost its strength for me, as more music from other places around the world took hold.

Right now, I would rather catch that Vangelis special if it ever gets released, or have a chance to see Ryuichi Sakamoto, or Peter Hammill/VdGG before my time is up. Another PF thing, is less interesting, specially when there was so much of the earlier stuff (on bootlegs!) that has not been released correctly and is being ignored in order to collect more money off the fans that enjoyed the 2nd coming of the band without RW and before Rich Wright passed away.

However, as I said of RW's version of THE WALL, it was a chance to see something that was quite important in the history of rock music, and the show itself was always very important, and beautiful to watch, something that most fans would never see again in their lifetimes, in exchange for some rather cheap crap of rock music!

Edited by moshkito - December 17 2021 at 09:57
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2021 at 11:37
Now they need to repress the 4-LP box set....
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2021 at 08:59
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Hi,

You mean they are not doing the 15 CD version of the whole thing complete with nappies and bibs?

Smile Tongue Wink

What a shame!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2021 at 01:00
Put me down as not very excited
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2021 at 14:12
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Hi,

You mean they are not doing the 15 CD version of the whole thing complete with nappies and bibs?

Smile Tongue Wink

What a shame!
Right on, mosh.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
 Post Reply Post Reply