Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Camel touring UK in 2023

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camel touring UK in 2023
    Posted: January 05 2022 at 03:30
SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2022 at 03:40

I don’t live in the UK, so I will probably not be able to catch them in concert this time. But I did see them in Poland on the last tour a few years ago, and it was the best show I’ve ever been to.

I hope that this will lead to another live album/video, or even better a new studio record.

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2022 at 10:47
Unfortunately, none of these venues are particularly convenient to me. I could, I suppose, ask my boss to arrange a meeting in Manchester for the night of the gig, but I can only do that if the Welsh Government retracts it’s working from home instruction by thenDead

Oh well, it is the germination of a plan.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2022 at 07:48
Ha ha!
Tickets bought, second row, Manchester O2 Apollo.
Looking to see if funds will stretch to a visit to London for what may be their final ever gig.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2022 at 07:49
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Unfortunately, none of these venues are particularly convenient to me. I could, I suppose, ask my boss to arrange a meeting in Manchester for the night of the gig, but I can only do that if the Welsh Government retracts it’s working from home instruction by thenDead

If you do, send me a pm and we'll meet up.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2022 at 08:38
Originally posted by SouthSideoftheSky SouthSideoftheSky wrote:

I don’t live in the UK, so I will probably not be able to catch them in concert this time. But I did see them in Poland on the last tour a few years ago, and it was the best show I’ve ever been to.

I hope that this will lead to another live album/video, or even better a new studio record.

Oh, I remember that. I saw them too in Warsaw, in a venue located some 10 minutes walk from where I live. Big smile It was a great gig even though, as Colin Bass wrote afterwards on his FB, "it was a 2000+ people sauna"! LOL Yes, they are popular here! And it was the second Camel gig I saw then.
Actually that was a great weekend overall, 'cos the next day there was a gig of Yes (with Jon Anderson) + SBB in the park nearby too!
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2022 at 09:03
I hope they'll extend the tour to the rest of the Europe and even this west Siberian province called Finland. 
SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2022 at 09:11
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

Originally posted by SouthSideoftheSky SouthSideoftheSky wrote:

Oh, I remember that. I saw them too in Warsaw, in a venue located some 10 minutes walk from where I live. Big smile It was a great gig even though, as Colin Bass wrote afterwards on his FB, "it was a 2000+ people sauna"! LOL Yes, they are popular here! And it was the second Camel gig I saw then.
Actually that was a great weekend overall, 'cos the next day there was a gig of Yes (with Jon Anderson) + SBB in the park nearby too!

Yeah, I remember it was extremely hot and sweaty, but it was worth it! Me too was at the Anderson Rabin Wakeman show the next day!

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2022 at 01:49
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

If you do, send me a pm and we'll meet up.

Will do!Thumbs Up
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2022 at 15:29
Onbe of my favorite bands. Too bad the UK is too far; I’d love to see them live once more.
Rottenprogger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottenprogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2022 at 03:46
That show they did at the Royal Albert Hall in 2019 was phenomenal and I'm glad to see the lineup hasn't changed. I have a feeling they won't be coming over to North America anytime soon so I really hope this isn't a farewell tour. Would desperately love for them to release one last album before they call it a day. 
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2022 at 03:59
Wed 03 May 2023

Netherlands
Utrecht
Tivoli

Buy Tickets

Thu 04 May 2023

Netherlands
Utrecht
Tivoli

Buy Tickets

Sat 06 May 2023

Germany
Bochum
Ruhr Congress

Buy Tickets

Sun 07 May 2023

Germany
Böblingen
Kongresshalle

Buy Tickets

Tues 09 May 2023

Germany
Hannover
Theater am Aegi

Buy Tickets

Wed 10 May

Germany
Reichenbach
Neuberinhaus

TBA

Fri 12 May 2023

Poland
Zabrze
Dom Muzyki i Tańca

Buy Tickets

Sat 13 May 2023

Poland
Łódź
Wytwórnia

Buy Tickets

Sun 14 May 2023

Poland
Poznań
Sala Ziemi

Buy Tickets

Wed 17 May 2023

Denmark
Copenhagen
Amager Bio

Buy Tickets

Thu 18 May 2023

Norway
Olso
Sentrum Scene

Buy Tickets

Fri 02 Jun 2023

UK
Manchester
O2 Apollo

Buy Tickets

Sat 03 Jun 2023

UK
Edinburgh
Usher Hall

Buy Tickets

Sun 04 Jun 2023

Ireland
Dublin
Vicar Street

Buy Tickets
Tue 06 Jun 2023

UK
Southampton
O2 Guildhall

Buy Tickets

Wed 07 Jun 2023

UK
Aylesbury
The Waterside Theatre

Buy Tickets

Thu 08 Jun 2023

UK
B'ham
Birmingham Symphony Hall

Buy Tickets

Sat 10 Jun 2023

UK
London
Eventim Apollo

M00NMADNESSyes View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M00NMADNESSyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2022 at 14:14
Awesome i love them!! but it sucks i live in the us so i can't see them Cry
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2022 at 08:39
Originally posted by M00NMADNESSyes M00NMADNESSyes wrote:

Awesome i love them!! but it sucks i live in the us so i can't see them Cry

Hi,

I wish the USA was not so dominated by the media's top ten thing, and that folks would more enjoy music that is not listed somewhere as the best in numbers. A lot of things, specially here in the West Coast, never get here, and as an example, it will be a cold day in heck that Peter Hammill and VdGG will make it to this side of the world and play ... heck I would go to Seattle to see them, and might even try to go to SF for it, though I hate driving there and in LA.

At the very least, I wish they would sell tickets by streaming these things, but the piracy thing and crooks like the toob are owned by the corporate media giants, and they do not think that streaming in rock (or jazz or classical) will be important any time soon. It's just bizarre that they are throwing away a nice way to get money, since in any one night they can easily "sell" 10K more viewers, if not a lot more ... I'm just waiting for the day this happens, and a show sells 100K tickets, and the whole business will open up streaming right then and there!

Bands like Camel and many others would gain tremendously by this.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply