Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VdGG in new Mojo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bucka001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VdGG in new Mojo
    Posted: January 13 2022 at 04:16
The new issue of Mojo, out Tuesday in the UK, will have a nice VdGG article. The piece is an oral history of Pawn Hearts. Contributions from all the band, John Anthony, Paul Conroy, Glen Colson, Paul Whitehead

From the Mojo website: VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR - How a “late-’60s soul band, warped by the spirit of Stockhausen” made the acid-gothic-horror of Pawn Hearts, and how unlikely stardom in Italy broke them

jc
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2022 at 07:34
I hope I get a chance to read it.
bucka001 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bucka001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2022 at 10:37
Great article with some vintage never-before-seen photos. It also mentions that the box set, which quickly sold out, is being re-pressed
jc
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2022 at 00:54
Thanks for the heads up! I must try and get that especially as I have a soft spot for the Monkees as well (I'm a Believer was my favourite song when I was very young!)
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2022 at 08:13
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Thanks for the heads up! I must try and get that especially as I have a soft spot for the Monkees as well (I'm a Believer was my favourite song when I was very young!)

Hi,

Ohhhh heck ... "last train to Clarksville" is STILL one of my favorite expressions when I see everyone in such a hurry to get somewhere! Like the Friday things after thanksgiving!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply