Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

J. R. B Symphony for Progressive Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black_diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: J. R. B Symphony for Progressive Metal
    Posted: January 24 2022 at 15:30
J. R. B Symphony was founded by Joan Roman (guitarist) and Jaume Bacardit (drums) at the end of 2018 in Barcelona.

The band was created just when the two decided to leave the band in which they were part. Their desire to create their own music led Joan and Jaume to start working alone on their new project.

The name of the band comes from the initials of the names and surnames of the two musicians, in addition to the word Symphony (Symphony) which expresses the desire to express melodic and epic music for the listener.

The band mixes several styles of music such as hard-rock, melodic metal, progressive metal and other styles of music which have contributed to form the style that characterizes the J. R. B symphony.

Joan Roman, born in Terrassa (Barcelona) in 1986, always had a great passion for music. His father was a guitarist and he instilled in him an interest in the guitar from a young age. At the age of 12 he began to play the electric guitar. His first influences in the world of electric guitar were American bands like The Offspring, Metallica, Dire Straits among others.

Thanks to the Internet he learned to play more advanced techniques from guitarists such as John Petrucci, Kirk hammet, Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai ... Etc. At the age of 15 he formed his first band where he played covers of his favorite groups and where he also he began to compose his own music. Throughout time he was influenced by many styles of music, not only rock and metal but other styles that came from Techno, classical music, movie soundtracks and video games. All of this contributed enormously to the creation of his own music.

Jaume Bacardit, born in a town near Barcelona in 1986, received a lot of musical influence from an early age. Albums by Iron Maiden, Deff Leppard or Metallica were the first to pass through his hands. At age 14, motivated by admiration for his favorite drummer (Lars Ulrich), he acquired the first drum kit from him. He started out playing in punk rock bands but quickly moved to the more metal side. He played in metal and power metal cover bands. Later, at a more mature age, after discovering Symphony X and Dream Theater, he grew increasingly interested in progressive metal that led him to listen to bands such as circus maximus, seventh wonder, DGM among others ...
In his compositions he highlights that he tries to capture the influences of his three favorite drummers, Lars Ulrich, Nicko Mcbrain and Mike Portnoy, since the ability to create intuitive drums with great personality is his great goal.

Inception, is the name of his first album released in January 2022. This album is the culmination of a project that started about 3 years ago ...

The name of the album comes to express in the form of music different moments or situations in which a new experience is faced.

Following its release, the band's next purpose is to bring this album to the stage.

https://www.facebook.com/j.r.bsymphony

https://jrbsymphony.wixsite.com/jrbsymphony

https://jrbsymphony.bandcamp.com/album/inception

“Inception” track listing:

1. new-life
 2. Come And Save Me
 3. Eternal Lost
 4. Among Thieves
 5. Path To Victory
 6. Worst Nightmare
 7. Parallel Worlds
 8. Global Threat
 9. Reasons To Fight

Self released on January 20, 2022
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2022 at 15:58
Thank you, noted Thumbs Up
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2022 at 05:34
I've just listened to their track entitled Path to Victory. Truly delightful stuff. Not sure if prog or not though. Great album cover too. I'll check the rest of the album out soon.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2022 at 10:33
added
 Post Reply Post Reply