Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2021 PA Music Tournament - Ladies of the Road #3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2021 PA Music Tournament - Ladies of the Road #3

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which of these songs is your favorite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [22.22%]
2 [22.22%]
2 [22.22%]
2 [22.22%]
1 [11.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2021 PA Music Tournament - Ladies of the Road #3
    Posted: January 24 2022 at 19:58
Time to add the third poll of the Ladies of the Road grouping.  As with the previous polls, I have chosen my favorite song from each of these artist's 2021 releases.  Tell me what you think.  The goal is to try and bring to PAers' attention new songs from 2021 that maybe you don't know about and hopefully you find enjoyable. Do you have a different favorite song from these albums?  Vote for your favorite from this list.

Edited by rushfan4 - January 24 2022 at 20:00
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2022 at 01:25
Bigg Hogg - Magistellus
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2022 at 05:43
Epica. Rivers is a good song.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2022 at 09:49
Jane Getter. Did I influence you to post her? I like Big Hogg and Professor Tip Top also. Nice selection.  
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2022 at 11:26
You did.  I was coming up short a few new songs in this category so this one was a great suggestion.  I am also coming up a bit short on the multilingual category.  A few of the bands that I thought that I would be able to include were either all instrumental or sang in English so I had to move them or not use them.  
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_olariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2022 at 02:24
Jane Getter Premonition - Lessons Learned
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2022 at 03:59
It's a tough call but I'm most attracted to the Evil.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2022 at 07:24
On the Epica album there are a couple of longer, dare I say proggier songs on there, but Simone shares vocals with Cookie Monster so I decided not to go with those songs.  Still pretty good songs for those who like metal, probably less so for those who don't. 
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2022 at 12:40
I never know when anybody else is interested or not, but it sure sucks when someone comes in and comments in a number of other polls and the tournament polls end up disappearing onto the 2nd page never to be seen again unless I type some sort of inane post to get it back to the top just so it can end up on the 2nd page again a few hours from now.  LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2022 at 12:50
What sucks even more is this barrage of resurrected threads from several years ago. A lot have been showing up recently.. bumped by a special collaborator.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2022 at 12:59
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

What sucks even more is this barrage of resurrected threads from several years ago. A lot have been showing up recently.. bumped by a special collaborator.

You are being rude to be honest. I didn't know that it's not allowed to resurrect all threads and polls, especially if those threads were interesting, had a great topic. 

So what is your solution, because everyone can complain, that's easy. Where are your amazing threads and polls? I haven't seen any recently... 

As for Scott's polls, I've always voted and commented in them. He's doing a great job, as usual. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2022 at 14:01
^Not rude, just honest. Are you saying Scott is rude also by expressing his opinion? I just agreed with him and expressed my opinion.

As for bumping threads, go ahead, but maybe choose those that had few responses and have different discussions than the norm.

I doubt I will ever post another poll or thread because I know from past experiences, I will feel like Scott explains in his post.

And why do you always like to argue with me? Let's just call a truce, okay?
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2022 at 14:05
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

^Not rude, just honest. Are you saying Scott is rude also by expressing his opinion? I just agreed with him and expressed my opinion.

As for bumping threads, go ahead, but maybe choose those that had few responses and have different discussions than the norm.

I doubt I will ever post another poll or thread because I know from past experiences, I will feel like Scott explains in his post.

And why do you always like to argue with me? Let's just call a truce, okay?

A truce is all i ever wanted. I never like to argue with anyone. 
Let's just stay away from each other. 
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2022 at 09:43
I'm giving the ladies one more bump before I come back with the 3rd round of the metalheads.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2022 at 10:59
Good thing to bump this; I could have overlooked it...
The Epica track starts of nicely and very atmospheric. It's a pity that I don't like the singing - technically very well, but maybe a bit too shrill for my tympanic membrane. The Bigg Hogg track is very pleasant, rather subdued, but in a very engaging way. Really nice. Jane Getter Premonition and Professor Tip Top sound a bit too conventional to win me over, vocals included. Pleasant, but not really making me very curious to listen to more. Monnaie de singe sounds very nice, rather "classic" modern prog and very accessible. I like this one too (will look if they by any chance will do a live show somewhere nearby...). I'll vote for Bigg Hogg, though.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2022 at 14:13
Thanks Kees.  Bigg Hogg are the kind of modern band that should appeal to Canterbury fans.  Their songs alternate between male and female vocals for that added variety.  Their lyrics are sort of odd, but I suppose that one might find them humorous in the vein of Caravan. 
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2022 at 13:21
^ I will check them out. I'm not particularly a Canterbury fan, but it sounds interesting enough.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
 Post Reply Post Reply