Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > News from Official Prog Suppliers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Synphonic progressive mail order/Greg Walker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2022 at 09:15
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

[EDIT]
My music room is in lower level of my house in a large great room area. I keep about 80% of my collection in these bins I made a few years ago, the rest is in a few other crates. This is about 600 records....

It appears you don't keep things in alphabetical order. Do you have a system or just the large Name Tabs and/or just know where everything is?
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2022 at 14:52
Originally posted by mellotronwave mellotronwave wrote:

A couple of months ago, I ordered some music from scope ( UK) , global amount round 100 euros. In Belgium, since july 21, one has to pay VAT for any purchase out of CE area. ( VAT 21% in Belgium ), . (Before 1 July 2021, one had to pay VAT only for value greater than 22 euro). Most of music sellers declared the goodies values < 22.
A few days after ,I i got the bill from FEDEX with an extra fee of about 25 euros
Thanx to the brexit , purchasing music from UK has become unpayable... same for ordering from Greg

The Anti-Brexit Elites  punish UK for leaving European Union. Make an example out of UK.  The European Union (and anti-Brexit- British Politicians)  could allow for cheaper than (outrageously expensive) postage if they so wished. It's not the UK Brexit voters making these rules.

Edited by omphaloskepsis - February 12 2022 at 14:53
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2022 at 10:15
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

[EDIT]
My music room is in lower level of my house in a large great room area. I keep about 80% of my collection in these bins I made a few years ago, the rest is in a few other crates. This is about 600 records....

It appears you don't keep things in alphabetical order. Do you have a system or just the large Name Tabs and/or just know where everything is?
Sorry late reply JD, just saw this........And correct, I don't keep anything in alphabetical order or release date order within each band grouping. I don't know where everything is and that's why I made band name tags. I only have my fav artists in the front of each row.
I prefer this system over ABC/123......Some people I have read also keep genre, release date, alphabetical and so on....that's too detailed for me I guess, a little loosey goosey is good.
It's my records, "git off my lawn!!!!" LOL
Earl of Mar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earl of Mar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2022 at 10:27
I was flicking through the Steve Hoffman forum earlier and saw your post showing your collection.
Good Stuff.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2022 at 12:40
Thumbs Up
PaulG View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2022 at 15:30
So I submitted my order to Greg at Synphonic and received it two days later. I cant say enough good things about Greg and his excellent store. He is a gentleman and a pleasure to cummunicate with and do business. I made a large order of 32 CD’s. Many of these CD’s are hard to impossible to find elsewhere and many of the ones that are available elsewhere are twice the price. The packaging was superb. He has a lot of releases I will be ordering in the future. 9 of the 10 releases not in stock will be by next month. A lot of RPI cds are on order for next month. I’m a big fan of this style. He had a lot of classic Prog, hard to get classic Prog and Prog from around the world. Also current Prog bands. The only other vendor I currently work with is my local buddy from Jersey Ken Golden. Ken has more progressive metal, new releases and jazz/fusion while Greg has more of and a constant supply of the classics and hard to find classics plus a lot of recent Prog too.    Between these two vendors my progressive rock listening will stay fulfilled. Just wanted to share some good news.   
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2022 at 19:26
Greg has always kicked serious butt ~

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2022 at 02:15
^ Amen. No one has better service than Mr. Walker. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
sebprosperi View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebprosperi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2022 at 15:25
Hey!
Just wanted to let you know that the band Bastian Per is giving away physical albums for free! All you must do to participate is submit you email on the following form:
If you have a friend that loves progressive rock and appreciates the physical format, it would be awesome if you could share this giveaway link with him.
Good Luck!
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2022 at 15:32
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Greg has always kicked serious butt ~

Absolutely...ClapStarStarStarStarStar

Sadly, I probably won't use his services for a few years to come because of those stupid trade wars under the Trump mandate.  Cry
I just paid 42 bucks of custom taxes to import the Swiss band Circus' boxset from Japan (which brought the whole thing to almost 200) and it is roughly the same for the US.
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12