Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snicolette's Progrock.com Nickie's Niches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2022 at 07:34
A reminder that today is Bandcamp Friday.  All proceeds from sales go directly to the artist(s) today.  
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2022 at 13:24
Attention Musical Niche Fans!

Eight on it’s side is infinity, and this episode will be infinitely worth your time.   Eight great artists will be featured on my "Nickie's Niches," segment on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show  this morning, 29 March, 8AM - 10 AM PST. Added bonus, now will include the commentary in my own mellifluous voice.  😉  

This show is on Progrock.com and includes mini-reviews and a tune from each of my Bandcamp and other purchases from last month, in honour of Bandcamp Friday (this time on 1 April).

There will a podcast available on progrock afterwards, if it’s at an inconvenient time for a live listen.  To join the chat, go to progrock.com and click on Chat link at top of page

Bandcamp Fridays is when they waive their fees for purchases the first Friday of each month, (at least for another month).  I usually I review 6-10 artists in progressive as well as other genres that have caught my ear on the Tuesday preceding Bandcamp Friday.

Link to Progrock.com: https://progrock.com/

Edited by Snicolette - March 29 2022 at 07:36
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2022 at 13:20
For those who missed the show today, here is a podcast:  https://podcasts.progrock.com/2022/03/29/nickies-niches-4-april-2022/
 There, that's better.

Edited by Snicolette - March 29 2022 at 13:46
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2022 at 15:34
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

For those who missed the show today, here is a podcast:  https://podcasts.progrock.com/2022/03/29/nickies-niches-4-april-2022/
 There, that's better.

Clap
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2022 at 18:36
Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

There, that's better.

Clap
  *curtseys*  Thank you!  
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2022 at 16:11
Attention Fans of Musical Niches!

Presenting an ennead of artists this month, nine great artists will be featured on my "Nickie's Niches," segment on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show  today, 3 May, 8AM - 10 AM PST. This show is on Progrock.com and includes mini-reviews and a tune from each of my Bandcamp and other purchases from last month, in honour of Bandcamp Friday (this time on 6 May).  Focus is primarily on progressive and related genres, including chamber prog, ambient, psych, space and wyrd/dark folk.  Immediately following will be friend of the station’s Dennis Gaylor’s picks for Top 10 Moody Blues tracks.

There will a podcast available on progrock afterwards, if it’s at an inconvenient time for a live listen.  To join the chat, go to progrock.com and click on Chat link at top of page.

Bandcamp Fridays is when they waive their fees for purchases the first Friday of each month, (this is likely the last month, but this segment will continue, regardless).  I usually I review 6-10 artists in progressive as well as other genres that have caught my ear on the Tuesday preceding Bandcamp Friday.

Link to Progrock.com: https://progrock.com/

Edited by Snicolette - May 03 2022 at 07:49
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2022 at 12:25
For those who missed the show today, here is the podcast:  https://podcasts.progrock.com/2022/05/03/nickies-niches-5-may-2022
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2022 at 14:23
Attention Fans of Musical Niches:  If 6 was 9.  It’s not, but you will not be shortchanged, timewise.  Presenting a smaller-than-usual, but select group of 6 artists this month on my "Nickie's Niches," segment on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show  this morning, 31 May, starting slightly early this week, 7:58AM - 10 AM PST. This show is on Progrock.com and includes mini-reviews and a tune from each of my Bandcamp and other purchases from last month.  Focus is primarily on progressive and related genres, including chamber prog, ambient, psych, space and wyrd/dark folk. 

There will a podcast available on progrock afterwards, if it’s at an inconvenient time for a live listen.  To join the chat, go to progrock.com and click on Chat link at top of page

Of Special Note, Per Bandcamp:  On Friday, June 17th, from midnight to midnight Pacific Time, we’ll hold our third annual Juneteenth fundraiser, where we donate 100% of our share of sales to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, a racial justice organization with a long history of effectively enacting change through litigation, advocacy, and public education. Read our statement here.

Bandcamp Fridays will resume on September 2nd, and continue on October 7th, November 4th, and December 2nd.

Edited by Snicolette - May 31 2022 at 07:21
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2022 at 12:05
Didja miss it?  In case you did, here is the podcast of Nickie's Niches on Chuck Simons' Top 10 show on Progrock.com  https://podcasts.progrock.com/2022/05/31/nickies-niches-6-june-2022/
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2022 at 13:58
Nice to have you back here. Will probably find some time to listen in the next few days!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2022 at 14:14
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Nice to have you back here. Will probably find some time to listen in the next few days!

Thank you, Christian!  I hope you enjoy.  Hug

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2022 at 18:18

For those who missed the show today, here is the podcast:  https://podcasts.progrock.com/2022/05/03/nickies-niches-5-may-2022

Now clickable!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2022 at 19:02
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Now clickable!

Thank you, I don't know how to do that.  Much appreciated!  Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2022 at 13:20
Attention Fans of Musical Niches: An 8 on it’s side is infinity, and this month my "Nickie's Niches," segment on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show will feature some infinitely delightful music.

Airing today, 28 June, from 8 AM- 10 AM PT, on Progrock.com The show includes mini-reviews and a tune from each of my Bandcamp and other purchases from last month. Focus is primarily on progressive and related genres, including chamber prog, ambient, psych, space and wyrd/dark folk.

There will a podcast available on progrock afterwards, if it’s at an inconvenient time for a live listen.

To join the chat, go to progrock.com and click on Chat link at top of page

Of Special Note: Bandcamp Fridays will resume on September 2nd, and continue on October 7th, November 4th, and December 2nd.

Edited by Snicolette - June 28 2022 at 07:43
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2022 at 17:02
Sounds neat---  any Minimal on the schedule?   Maybe a little Stephen Reich ?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2022 at 17:36
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Sounds neat---  any Minimal on the schedule?   Maybe a little Stephen Reich ?

Nothing precisely minimalist on the roster this time, it all depends on what I've purchased, and nothing fell under that realm this time.  But you never know, I certainly don't stick to one genre at all.  
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2022 at 18:20
Gotcha, it's based on what's most recent for you.   I like that.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2022 at 18:29
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Gotcha, it's based on what's most recent for you.   I like that.

Thank you.  Smile  Hope you enjoy the segment, if you're able to give a listen.  
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2022 at 11:54
For those who missed the show today:  https://podcasts.progrock.com/2022/06/28/nickies-niches-july-2022/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2022 at 11:31
Attention Fans of Musical Niches:  It’s that time again.  My "Nickie's Niches," segment on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show will be airing this morning, 2 August.  This time, the show starts a couple of minutes, early at 7:58AM - 10 AM PT, on Progrock.com The show includes mini-reviews and a tune from each of my Bandcamp and other purchases from last month.  Focus is primarily on progressive and related genres, including chamber prog, ambient, psych, space and acid/wyrd/dark folk, and whatever else I find of interest. 

Of Special Note:  Bandcamp Fridays will resume on September 2nd, and continue on October 7th, November 4th, and December 2nd.

Edited by Snicolette - August 02 2022 at 07:35
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>