Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lone Star

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lone Star
    Posted: February 20 2022 at 01:34
I had this private message sent to me , if anyone is interested they should message Lindsey direct

Hi Richard

Interested in your messages re Lone Star.  Thank you for posting them 

My uncle, Paul Lacey, was their sound engineer - he gets a mention on the back of the album Firing on All Six ( I own his copy of the album and I bought a more pristine version that has seen a few less parties!  Sadly, he died a few years ago, but I have some of his personal paperwork here including list of contacts/clubs relating to this band, and others, from the late 70’s. 

Someone must be interested in the info ~ seems a shame to just to have them sitting in my cupboard really

I tried to add a comment on the forum but couldn’t quite work out how too 

Lindsey 
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2022 at 05:09
Love this band, Firing On All Six and the debut album are among my favourite albums. I don't know if there are any forums or groups relating to the band but I'll have a rummage. It's surely worth scanning the documents in.

Is his user name Lindsey? I'll drop him a PM.

* EDIT * No it isn't. We need to know his user name Richard.

Edited by chopper - February 20 2022 at 11:23
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2022 at 05:15
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2022 at 08:42
I remember a friend of mine once playing some Lone Star, and it was quite interesting music. I don’t know what happened after that, since I never got a chance to hear more from them.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2022 at 23:37
The user name is Lindsey75
cheers
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2022 at 05:40
Sent a PM but Lindsey hasn't logged on again since 18th. Unhappy
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2022 at 01:46
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Here's a bit about the band if anyone wants to know more - 

a lot to unpack but I had a quick scan and its interesting that the band never toured America. They could have the biggest thing over there if they had wanted it. Never mind. 2 Excellent albums that are nearly on a par with another band that did only 2 studio albums (UK). Bells Of Berlin is still one of the most inspired rock tracks ever and highly relevant politically as we appear to be on the road back to the dark years of the 'Cold War'.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2022 at 07:04
I love the album "Firing On All Six", after having discovered it in a delete bin in the fall of 1979 in Brockville, Canada. I read somewhere that the drummer joined Canadian hard rock band Starchild for a spell-a band I saw a few times in the early 1980s.

Yep, verified in the Starchild wiki page; Dixie Lee joined Starchild after the stint with Ozzy Osbourne.

Edited by presdoug - February 25 2022 at 07:32
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2022 at 07:08
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Here's a bit about the band if anyone wants to know more - 

a lot to unpack but I had a quick scan and its interesting that the band never toured America. They could have the biggest thing over there if they had wanted it. Never mind. 2 Excellent albums that are nearly on a par with another band that did only 2 studio albums (UK). Bells Of Berlin is still one of the most inspired rock tracks ever and highly relevant politically as we appear to be on the road back to the dark years of the 'Cold War'.

Interesting to read that Kenny Driscoll was fairly p*ssed when he recorded his vocals for the first album (a beer machine in a studio? Whoever thought that was a good idea?) and could have done them much better! They sound pretty good to me.

Still no message from Lindsey.

Edited by chopper - February 25 2022 at 07:09
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2022 at 09:35
okay
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2022 at 04:53
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

okay

?

Lindsey still hasn't logged on since 18th Feb so it looks like this is not going to go anywhere. Shame. Cry
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2022 at 08:52
senior moment^
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2022 at 07:26
Gutted - Lindsey hasn't logged into PA since so no response to my PM. Cry
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2022 at 07:18
Yes, that' a pity but thanks for trying Alan Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply