Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Tech Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subwoofer ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2022 at 11:00
Originally posted by Dark Ness Dark Ness wrote:

I'm noticing a little too much boost when the bass pedals kick in, not enough to be unpleasant but stands out as kind of unnatural, the other frequencies are more balanced it seems

Unnatural could also mean, your not used to hearing the full frequency of music. Remember in todays world of iPhones and ear buds and clinical sounding of CDs, we are not used to full range sounds anymore or what some call warm sounds.
Dark Ness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark Ness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2022 at 11:01
-5 dB
Dark Ness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark Ness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2022 at 11:11
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Unnatural could also mean, your not used to hearing the full frequency of music. Remember in todays world of iPhones and ear buds and clinical sounding of CDs, we are not used to full range sounds anymore or what some call warm sounds.

Precisely, we're on the same page (And that's what the sw is supposed to provide) what I mean by "unnatural" is not blending to the mix and standing out with a little too much reverb, if it's the correct expression, I'm lacking the right words maybe.
(could this be related to the crossover setting you asked just a while ago?)
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2022 at 11:16

-5 dB

Might be too loud.......What does the back panel show for volume and crossover? Could be the blend issue yes.

Edited by Catcher10 - March 17 2022 at 11:16
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2022 at 11:44

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Precisely, we're on the same page (And that's what the sw is supposed to provide) what I mean by "unnatural" is not blending to the mix and standing out with a little too much reverb, if it's the correct expression, I'm lacking the right words maybe.
(could this be related to the crossover setting you asked just a while ago?)
Yes, if you set the cross over too high your going to excite frequencies that don't need it, like 100Hz and higher, that's where the boominess will come from.
Dark Ness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark Ness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2022 at 12:17
^ I'll follow up your hint and get back with news soon.
Dark Ness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark Ness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2022 at 10:50
SVS recommends for my LS the following settings :
 low pass filter 50 hz with a slope 24db/octave

I'll try this and report soon, in the meantime I welcome any comment from the more experienced around.
thanks guys

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2022 at 22:24

SVS recommends for my LS the following settings :
 low pass filter 50 hz with a slope 24db/octave

I'll try this and report soon, in the meantime I welcome any comment from the more experienced around.
thanks guys
As mentioned, 50Hz should be your staring point considering your mains freq response. PM coming.....

Dark Ness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark Ness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2022 at 06:43
^ You're right, you had already mentioned that setting and it works well.
Coming next: the phase test/config routine...

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2022 at 21:56

^ You're right, you had already mentioned that setting and it works well.
Coming next: the phase test/config routine...

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234