Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Van Der Graaf Generator 1.3.22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Van Der Graaf Generator 1.3.22
    Posted: March 02 2022 at 03:51
I had always wanted to see them and also was a chance to visit Bath and go to a new venue ''The Forum''.

It is one of the typical UK theatre venues with an auditorium and a balcony area. That was where my friend and I were, seated right at the back although there were many empty seats in front so that was a little strange.
Looking straight ahead, Peter Hammill was on the left and Hugh Banton on the right facing each other when Hammill was on keys. Guy Evans centre. 
I thought the sound was excellent and they performed pretty much on the money. Can't say I'm that familiar with their catalogue but I did recognise Killers and Alfa Berliner which were basically the highlights as far as I'm concerned while encore I think was House With No Door. A lot was deliberately 'reflective' and more laid back so there was no Scorched Earth or Plague Of Lighthouse Keepers. Shame but it was okay. Peter made reference to 'current events' but didn't talk that much.

Overall a good experience and a nice curry beforehand!

Edited by richardh - March 02 2022 at 03:55
 Post Reply Post Reply