Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nektar on Tour 2022

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KayZee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nektar on Tour 2022
    Posted: March 23 2022 at 16:48
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PUBLICITY: Kate Goldsmith, [email protected]
BOOKING: Ozark Talent, Steve Ozark
(785) 760-3143, [email protected]

Nektar’s ‘Vinyl Sides Live’ Tour to kick off March 22
When the vinyl meets the road!

For more than 50 years, Nektar has taken legions of fans on audio-visual journeys to far reaches of the universe and the depths of the ocean with their immersive blend of sight and sound. These prog-rock pioneers have been champing at the bit to get back on the road and are excited to announce they will tour America’s Northeast and Midwest this spring (see the complete list at the end of this release).
The “Vinyl Sides Live” Tour marks Nektar’s eagerly awaited return to the road, spotlighting some of the best-loved “album sides” from their evergreen catalog, as well as 2020’s acclaimed release, “The Other Side,” plus new material.
Nektar changes their live show every single night; fans love to follow along on the journey.
During the height of the pandemic, when touring had to be postponed, the band made the most of their ‘down time’ by preparing for this upcoming tour, adding another 90 minutes of music to the 3 hours of repertoire they performed on the previous tour. Audiences will be treated to entire album sides from some of Nektar’s epic recordings – including “A Tab in the Ocean,” “Remember the Future” and “Recycled,” as well as “The Other Side.” Rounding out the shows will be expanded offerings from other albums; unfinished tunes from 1978 that the band has rediscovered; as well as brand new compositions the band has created during their weekly online and in person get-togethers.
I think the next shows are going to be even more exciting, as we will continue our direction of not doing the same set twice if we have multiple dates at one venue or are playing two gigs that are drivable,” says Mo. “This keeps the music fresh and gives incentives to our ‘Nektarines’ to attend more than one show, knowing they will be different.”
Nektar has captured the imagination and admiration of listeners the world over with their multi-media concerts, melding a jam-band vibe with superb musicality and a visual cornucopia that perfectly complements the performance. A Nektar show is an unparalleled feast for the senses.
Formed in Germany in 1969 by British expats, Nektar soaked up the musical freedom they found in their new home, favoring extended compositions and concept albums over the constraints of pop. They were among the progenitors of the progressive rock movement of the 1970s as well as the jam-band scene that arose in the late 1990s. Their sound traveled well to the States, where they enjoyed Top 40 success with “A Tab in the Ocean” (1972) and “Remember the Future” (1973). Nearly 20 albums and a half-century later, the band’s artistic and personal charisma has earned them masses of devoted fans, who have flocked to festivals such as NearFest and ProgStock, and venues like the Wildey Theatre (where they perform multi-night sold-out shows) to indulge their passion for the Nektar experience.
Currently, Nektar features three of the original members – Derek ‘Mo’ Moore (bass guitar, vocals), Ron Howden (drums, percussion, vocals) and Mick Brockett (visual environment). Ryche Chlanda (guitar, vocals) and Randy Dembo (bass guitar, bass pedals, 12-string guitar, vocals) are alums of previous Nektar incarnations. World-class multi-instrumentalist Kendall Scott completes the lineup on keyboards; his performance credits include Project/Object and Ryche Chlanda’s Flying Dreams. They will be joined onstage by Maryann Castello on backing vocals, and Maryann will also oversee merchandise sales and VIP events.
The Other Side” has been hailed as “an epic concept album” and “the best recording by Nektar since ‘Recycled.’”
The whole album is a love song,” says Mo.
It’s also a memorial to friends the band has lost, including fellow founding member Roye Albrighton, who passed in 2016, and their long-time sound mixer Vinny Schmid.
Mick Brockett, whose visuals are integral to Nektar performances, is upgrading his renowned light show with assistance from the band’s digital wizard, Jay Petsko. The update will incorporate additional film clips plus a rich trove of previously unseen photos of the band on and off tour.
Mick creates a visual environment that directly reflects what the band is playing on stage.
I’m like the Wizard of Oz, behind the curtain,” Mick says. “I’m ‘playing’ this all in real time.
Check out https://nektarsmusic.com/epk for more information about the band, high-resolution images, video and more.

NEKTAR ‘VINYL SIDES LIVE’ TOUR DATES

MARCH 22 			SELLERSVILLE THEATER 		SELLERSVILLE PA
MARCH 23			DARYL’S HOUSE CLUB		PAWLING NY
MARCH 24			THE LINDA				ALBANY NY
MARCH 25			SPORTSMENS TAVERN			BUFFALO NY
MARCH 27			TOKEN LOUNGE			WESTLAND MI
MARCH 28			THE LUDLOW GARAGE		CINCINNATI OH
MARCH 30			IRVING THEATER			INDIANAPOLIS IN
MARCH 31-APRIL 2		THE WILDEY THEATRE		EDWARDSVILLE IL
APRIL 3			KNUCKLEHEADS			KANSAS CITY MO
APRIL 5			GRANADA THEATER		MINNEAPOLIS MN
APRIL 6			THE BUR OAK			MADISON WI
APRIL 7			ARCADA THEATRE			ST. CHARLES IL
APRIL 8			CLYDE THEATRE			FORT WAYNE IN
APRIL 23			THE CUTTING ROOM		NEW YORK NY
APRIL 27			RAMS HEAD				ANNAPOLIS MD
MAY 2-7			CRUISE TO THE EDGE		CAPE CANAVERAL FL
VISIT WWW.NEKTARSMUSIC.COM FOR UPDATES

Official Facebook page: Nektar – The Legendary Rock Band (Official)
https://www.facebook.com/nektarRocks

Fan Pages:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2213439438
Nektar Appreciation Society (private group)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nektarfans

Instagram: @nektar.official

Nektar YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoEd-HQa3RmFXHUEQ9j_PJA

Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2022 at 17:54
Would go but there are no reserved seats. I'm old and can't stand for 3 hours.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2022 at 20:54
I've seen Nektar three times live. However, I don't think I'd want to see them now especially without Roye (RIP). Anyway, I see they played earlier tonight at a place in my area. 
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2022 at 12:05
Yet another great band not coming to the U.S. west coast. Sigh. Unhappy I understand, vast distances, small venues. Glad to hear they are on the road again.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
Rottenprogger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rottenprogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2022 at 16:20
I'm also on the West Coast and I'm also disappointed that Nektar won't come this way. 

Nice to hear they're going to do some new material as well. 
KayZee View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KayZee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2022 at 09:43
If you get a chance, check out the latest release "The Other Side." I sincerely love it!
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2022 at 08:12
Originally posted by Progosopher Progosopher wrote:

Yet another great band not coming to the U.S. west coast. Sigh. Unhappy I understand, vast distances, small venues. Glad to hear they are on the road again.
Yes. I would love to see them too. I would go to L.A. from San Diego, but not to the east coast.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2022 at 11:04
^Yeah, L.A. was slighted on this one, but the fact of the matter is that tours cost money, and that's probably why the western half of the States was left out. Let's hope for a reconsideration by Nektar management to at least address the issue in the future and schedule a few more U.S. dates.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
 Post Reply Post Reply