Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My New Blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 36>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2023 at 10:01
Cheers Steve, Look forward to having a bit more spare time very soon and look forward to reading the Stu Nicholson interview and exploring further..
Hope to be up in the Llanarthne / Dryslwen area in the Spring/ Summer visiting friends whose son is starting an apprenticeship at the NBGWThumbs Up

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2023 at 10:16
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

Cheers Steve, Look forward to having a bit more spare time very soon and look forward to reading the Stu Nicholson interview and exploring further..
Hope to be up in the Llanarthne / Dryslwen area in the Spring/ Summer visiting friends whose son is starting an apprenticeship at the NBGWThumbs Up

Thumbs Up
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2023 at 15:37
Tonight's update is a review of a really good EP by Baris Dai, a multi-instrumentalist based in Netherlands, which I think all lovers of quality ambient instrumental progressive music will enjoy.

Also, Video of the week is a certain Mr Gabriel with some short thoughts on my part.

For the first time in a wee while, a book review, that being a fascinating history of Cosa Nostra - simply click on the Book Reviews link at the top of the homepage.

Lastly, a heavy metal related Ale of the Week. Run To The Hills!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2023 at 15:52
It is live reviews time on Lazland tonight. There is a review of Mostly Autumn's new live album, Back In These Arms, at https://lazland.org/further-2022-reviews/mostly-autumn-back-in-these-arms-live-2022 

Also, on Friday, I went with a friend to our local theatre to see UK Pink Floyd Experience. Very good, actually, and you can see my review at https://lazland.org/beer-news-1/gig-news 

Video of the Week is Mostly Autumn performing Skin of Mankind at Summer's End.

The forthcoming week will see the first review of new 2023 music. Lazland is currently grooving to Maltese prog rockers, Pyramid Suns.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2023 at 15:55
It is the first 2023 album review tonight, and it is a review of Malta's finest, Pyramid Suns and their very impressive full-length debut album, Reflections. The link to the review is on the Homepage at www.lazland.org 

The Video of the Week is the same band, with a live recording of Dust from the same album.

In the next week, I will post my thoughts on Riverside's latest. Since the CD dropped through the door last Friday night, it has had a few listens, and I am impressed.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2023 at 14:14
More great stuff, Steve! I've been eating up The Last Great Adventurer for the past few weeks. I absolutely love that the band conveys a sense of the familiar with the new and makes for a great listening experience. Reading your interview with Stu while listening is the icing on the cake. I can't recommend this album enough. It's one of the highlights in the Galahad canon.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2023 at 00:25
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

More great stuff, Steve! I've been eating up The Last Great Adventurer for the past few weeks. I absolutely love that the band conveys a sense of the familiar with the new and makes for a great listening experience. Reading your interview with Stu while listening is the icing on the cake. I can't recommend this album enough. It's one of the highlights in the Galahad canon.

Thanks Steve. Yes, it is a great album and I remain extremely grateful to artists such as Stu who give their time for me to do these interviews.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2023 at 10:53
Tonight's update is a review of the new Riverside album, ID.Entity. I love it. Simply go to the homepage at www.lazland.org, and click on the button link.

I am hoping to add two more reviews this week, namely the exceptional album by Damanek, Making Shore, and a band you probably will not have heard of, US outfit Half Shell. 
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2023 at 12:46
If you buy no other album this year, ensure that you purchase Making Shore by Damanek.

Review uploaded to www.lazland.org this evening - simply click on the button on the homepage to read my review of a masterpiece.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2023 at 13:45
Damanek is very good, Steve. I'm particularly taken with the title track which has been a real earworm for me, but all three videos are excellent, both in the music and visuals. A very classy package indeed. I don't suppose that you could conjure up an interview with Mr. Guy Manning now. Big smile  Cheers.

Edited by SteveG - February 03 2023 at 13:46
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2023 at 14:44

Damanek is very good, Steve. I'm particularly taken with the title track which has been a real earworm for me, but all three videos are excellent, both in the music and visuals. A very classy package indeed. I don't suppose that you could conjure up an interview with Mr. Guy Manning now. Big smile  Cheers.

Thanks Steve. Yes, as it happens, Guy has very kindly agreed to do an interview with me. I will be setting out the questions to send to him hopefully on Sunday Big smile

The album is a wonderful piece of work, absolutely stunning.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2023 at 15:27
Tonight's update features reviews of Hayley Griffiths' two January releases, Melanie & Far From Home, contrasting albums but both very enjoyable. Simply go to www.lazland.org and click on the appropriate button link.

Video of the Week, to accompany the reviews, is Karnataka's Feels Like Home, a superb track highlighting the best of Hayley.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2023 at 15:36
New album review uploaded tonight. American trio Half Shell with their new work The Great Truth. Modern and pretty damned good. As ever, the link is on the homepage at www.lazland.org or take yourself to Album Reviews 2023 page.

2023 has started very strongly in terms of new music. 
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2023 at 12:03
Are you going to the Fusion weekend in Stourport, Steve? If you do, I hope you have a really good time!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2023 at 13:30
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

Are you going to the Fusion weekend in Stourport, Steve? If you do, I hope you have a really good time!

No, I am afraid not, Jared. In fact, Glynis and I were talking over lunch today (it is our anniversary) at a lovely hotel in Pembrokeshire about holiday plans, and we think we will probably ask our son to look after her mother for a long weekend this summer whilst we go back and stay at the hotel for probably two or three nights. Anything more, like going back to Gozo and long festivals are really not feasible now.

Getting away is becoming somewhat difficult and I really can’t justify a whole weekend away alone anymore.
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2023 at 13:44
^^ I know things are difficult for you; I'm sorry things have become so restrictive. I'm pleased you got away for an anniversary meal however and do hope you are able to enjoy a few days away when the weather gets a bit warmer. All the best.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2023 at 14:28
Slightly later this week than usual, the new album review is Stations, the debut album by German band, Cydonia - really rather good it is, too.

Video of the Week is an old Floyd favourite if nothing else to debunk the nonsense Waters has been spouting recently.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2023 at 15:41
Tonight, I have uploaded a review of the incredible debut album, One Man's Grief, by Hungarian duo Deposed King. It is superb, so please do take yourselves to the homepage and click on the button link.

Video of the Week is Chinese band Ou, whose debut album I reviewed last year - damned good stuff. Hopefully, more to follow later this week if I get the time.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2023 at 07:20
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Tonight, I have uploaded a review of the incredible debut album, One Man's Grief, by Hungarian duo Deposed King. It is superb, so please do take yourselves to the homepage and click on the button link.

Video of the Week is Chinese band Ou, whose debut album I reviewed last year - damned good stuff. Hopefully, more to follow later this week if I get the time.
Good God, Steve! Where do you find this stuff! Wonderful. You're quickly becoming my go to guru for new prog. Keep up the good work. Btw, hows that interview with Mr. Manning going?
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2023 at 10:20

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Good God, Steve! Where do you find this stuff! Wonderful. You're quickly becoming my go to guru for new prog. Keep up the good work. Btw, hows that interview with Mr. Manning going?

Cheers, Steve. There is so much good stuff out there. I also think that the bias against Bandcamp on this site a while ago was a huge mistake - it is the finest platform for the artists we love to support.

The questions will be with Guy by the end of the weekend - I have been delayed by a very busy couple of weekends - I basically desperately need to retire so I can do all the things on the site I need to do!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 36>