Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My New Blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2022 at 03:04
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Wonderful stuff so far Steve, and I'm really enjoying all aspects of it. Especially the ale house expos, which has me pining for old Blighty in order to get a decent pint. This American piss doesn't cut it for me anymore, which is why I've turned to hard spirits. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Cheers.

Thanks Steve. John has pointed you to some potentials below to enjoy. I write this on Good Friday morning ever so slightly hungover - it was darts night last night, and I had far too many.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2022 at 03:06
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

New reviews of Burntfield and a classic by Lalu. Plus Beer of the Week.

I knew you had the new review of Burntfield, because it was shared on FB by the band. 👍🏻

I like Burntfield, and pretty much most of the bands on the Progressive Gears label.

Glad you enjoyed Cronofonía. It’s a wonderful album.

Thanks Nick. I joined FB the other day specifically to get in touch with bands such as Burntfield. They sent me a nice message in response to mine. The first attempt was with Lalu, but I think I cocked that one up LOL 

There really is some fantastic stuff out there and that is the purpose of my site to celebrate that.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2022 at 03:07
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

Steve, I've just had a rummage through your site. Very well done sir, I shall certainly be going for more. Quite a professional look to it too - everything is large which helps old codgers like me.

Thanks Chris. Glad you like it - loads more to come! Us “old” 57 year olds have to stick together!
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2022 at 09:59
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Wonderful stuff so far Steve, and I'm really enjoying all aspects of it. Especially the ale house expos, which has me pining for old Blighty in order to get a decent pint. This American piss doesn't cut it for me anymore, which is why I've turned to hard spirits. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Cheers.
Generally I think European beer is far better than US, but recently two US beers came out that are not too bad. They are both dark winter time brews.
Breakfast Stout by Founders and
Dragons Milk by New Belgium
Not quite European standards, but still very good.
Thanks John. I will definitely check them out.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2022 at 14:47
Album reviews 2022 revamped to make navigation easier. Beer & News page updated with some sports stuff.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2022 at 09:25
Top 10 of 2018 added, plus a fresh book review (Quentin Letts, Stop Bloody Bossing Me About).
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2022 at 11:18
Bank holiday in Dear Old Blighty today, so lots of stuff added. Here goes.

1. Review of Jonas Lindberg and The Other Side new album, which incredibly has not had any reviews on PA. It is a damned fine effort
2. Review of new Odin Dragonfly which is not even on the site
3. New feature, namely Video Of The Week on the homepage, this week having as its star Merry Hell, a folk band from NW England. This feature will be prog, folk, punk, anything I enjoy at the time, really. No rules, see, aside from the fact I have to like it!
4. Beer of the week added. Nice one, too.

This evening, we are going to watch the Jimmy Saville doc on Netflix, and dependant upon what I see, I might post something about that in the week.

Enjoy.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2022 at 13:55
Top 10 albums of 2017 added together with bloody good photo of the week added to Beer & News. For click bait purposes, let me just state it is of two birds………..
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2022 at 14:55

Top 10 albums of 2017 added together with bloody good photo of the week added to Beer & News. For click bait purposes, let me just state it is of two birds………..

Great tits?
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2022 at 15:18

Great tits?

Bloody big ‘un’s!Wink
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2022 at 16:01
Just had a look, and they are big ‘uns, aren’t they? 😱

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2022 at 00:14

Just had a look, and they are big ‘uns, aren’t they? 😱

Indeedy! LOL
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2022 at 09:20
Album Reviews of 2022 updated with reviews of Inner Prospekt and Salva.

Beer and News Page updated with a restaurant review.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2022 at 10:00
I love restaurant reviews, even if there is no chance of me going there. No ale, thats not cool, but I'm not sure what a 'smart bar' is.
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2022 at 12:40

I love restaurant reviews, even if there is no chance of me going there. No ale, thats not cool, but I'm not sure what a 'smart bar' is.

Without having visited the page yet to read the review, I would assume it is a bar that looks smart. Generally bars that look smart don’t serve the beers I don’t like to drink, so I don’t tend to frequent them.

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2022 at 13:00

Without having visited the page yet to read the review, I would assume it is a bar that looks smart. Generally bars that look smart don’t serve the beers I don’t like to drink, so I don’t tend to frequent them.

Yes, it is, indeed, a very fine looking bar, as opposed to an artificially clever or one that serves decent beer bar.

BTW, I had a choice of four different ales this evening, and it was rather difficult to choose an ale of the week. I might need to expand this to ales of the week! Tongue
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2022 at 13:04
Steve, did you go and see Karnataka at Pontardawe Arts Centre last night?

Not sure whereabouts in Carmarthenshire you are, but being as it must be on your door step, I was wondering whether you'd be posting a review if you went?
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2022 at 13:12

Yes, it is, indeed, a very fine looking bar, as opposed to an artificially clever or one that serves decent beer bar.

BTW, I had a choice of four different ales this evening, and it was rather difficult to choose an ale of the week. I might need to expand this to ales of the week! Tongue
I'll go with a dumbass bar if it has some good beer.
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2022 at 13:19

I'll go with a dumbass bar if it has some good beer.

If it doesn't sell at least a couple of good quality real ales (preferably local), then it isn't worth walking in to...
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2022 at 14:46
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

Steve, did you go and see Karnataka at Pontardawe Arts Centre last night?

Not sure whereabouts in Carmarthenshire you are, but being as it must be on your door step, I was wondering whether you'd be posting a review if you went?

No, I didn’t go Jared. I actually found out about it a couple of weeks ago, but we had arrangements to see a couple of friends before that, so we couldn’t go. It was a real shame, because Pontardawe is only about 20 minutes up the road. BTW, as a point of interest, it is where the choir on Roger Waters Radio KAOS was recorded. 

Hopefully, Ian and Karnataka will be fully functioning again and it will not be too long before we get the opportunity to see them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>