Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Von Hertzen Brothers Red Alert in the Blue Forest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Von Hertzen Brothers Red Alert in the Blue Forest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Von Hertzen Brothers Red Alert in the Blue Forest
    Posted: April 15 2022 at 20:42
Von Hertzen Brothers' New Album "Red Alert in the Blue Forest" is an absolute incredible masterpiece - we have been waiting quite a few years for this one and it does not disappoint. With so many vibes and influences you will no doubt recognize / such a rich and deep resonating album. This one is is right there with their prior most progressive leaning album "Approach" - and this one even more so. I will be writing a review on this one for sure. 

This song just tears you apart. The whole album does in many subtle ways. 

Edited by tigerfeet - April 15 2022 at 20:46
I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2022 at 21:22
This song is really good. I hope the rest of the albums is as good, or maybe better.
tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2022 at 01:40

Red Alert in the Blue Forest

There are a lot of varied tracks on this album all featuring a lot of styles of music. 

Is a themed album and although the subject matter is on the gloomy side the songs are actually upbeat in an offbeat wacky way, even the sad ones.

The track "Peace Patrol" for example is a multi facetted track. I think the brother's had some fun putting these tracks together. What a lot of people do not have is patience with a song and where it is going, especially if it doesn't initially feed their expectations. I found myself in the middle of this tune asking myself, what? how did that happen? It started out initially as an 80s electronic tune and i was like what the... but it quickly evolved away and became an epic 10 minute song of exciting saxophone and guitar towards the middle/end.  

What I excitedly discovered whilst writing my review was that they had added recordings of the Aurora Borealis sounds which i later discovered were mixed into many of the songs on the album, sometimes melding in with the percussion, sometimes a flowing atmospheric sound. I never even knew the Aurora Borealis made so many sounds. 

The song Northern Lights is quite beautiful - very prog related - you can hear some of the Aurora sounds on this track (and i'm still discovering more of the sounds on some of the other tracks too :) )

and a nice interview for those interested on the recording of the Northern Lights 

Edited by tigerfeet - April 20 2022 at 01:56
I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
 Post Reply Post Reply