Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Personal musical tastes form in our 14th year!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2022 at 06:45

I was most into Prog as teenager, but into mainstream Rock in my 20's. Then in my 30's and ever since, I returned to Prog
and other more experimenting music as my main interest, but I'd say that my musical tastes formed in my 30's.

Edited by David_D - May 01 2022 at 07:11
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2022 at 06:57
Originally posted by edefakiel edefakiel wrote:

Sorry to be that guy, but the Adagio in G was composed by Remo Giazotto, not by Albinoni. 

Hi,

It was on an album that had Albinoni stuff (1965!!!)  ... although there is an issue here ... Giazotto is from the 20th century, and I think that the basis for the piece was already down, and fixed/corrected by Giazotto. Kinda strange to see someone "steal" a piece of music 300 years later! 

Hmmmmmm .... !!!!

Edited by moshkito - May 01 2022 at 06:57
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
edefakiel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edefakiel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2022 at 08:52
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by edefakiel edefakiel wrote:

Sorry to be that guy, but the Adagio in G was composed by Remo Giazotto, not by Albinoni. 

Hi,

It was on an album that had Albinoni stuff (1965!!!)  ... although there is an issue here ... Giazotto is from the 20th century, and I think that the basis for the piece was already down, and fixed/corrected by Giazotto. Kinda strange to see someone "steal" a piece of music 300 years later! 

Hmmmmmm .... !!!!

To the best of my knowledge, there is no evidence to support that it was indeed based on any music by Albinoni, probably Giazotto made it up, like Cervantes did in don Quixote or Fernando Rojas in La Celestina. 

It is all in the link that I provided. 

Quote There is a continuing scholarly debate about whether the alleged fragment was real, or a musical hoax perpetrated by Giazotto, but there is no doubt about Giazotto's authorship of the remainder of the work.[1]

Quote Giazotto never produced the manuscript fragment, and no official record has been found of its presence in the collection of the Saxon State Library.[3]

Edited by edefakiel - May 01 2022 at 08:58
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2022 at 09:25
I'm not sure I agree although they might be close. When I was fourteen, that was right before I started to get into and discover prog. I had a little bit of Yes(who I was just starting to get into) but nothing yet by most of the other big prog bands at the time. I think I was still into Led Zeppelin and other classic rock stuff. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - May 01 2022 at 09:25
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2022 at 09:29
I don't know. Depends on your life experience. I saw The Beatles on Ed Sullivan at 4 years old, and gained a lifelong attachment. Unknown to our parents, it turns out ol' stiff Ed was a purveyor of insidious and radical 1960s musical trends every Sunday evening. So while mom and dad watched Ed for Robert Goulet, Petula Clark and Tony Bennett, we got to see The Doors, The Stones, Jefferson Airplane, The Byrds, The Animals, and Sly and the Family Stone. And great music was more accessible on the radio during the 60s and early 70s -- and make no mistake, not only was radio omnipresent in that era, the variety and musicianship of popular music was far better as well. 

We talk about progressive rock on this little PA island as if it was unique (and we are, of course, unique), but back when I was growing up (not even as a teen, mind you), commercial hit AM stations were playing prog, hard rock, soul and R&B songs alongside the usual bubblegum hit crap that is a staple in every generation. I saw Alice Cooper at age 11 (School's Out tour), and Deep Purple, Tull and Black Sabbath not long thereafter. Blues came along when I started playing guitar and harmonica, and my best friend had Muddy Waters, Elmore James and Mississippi John Hurt albums. 

Like I said, depends on how you grew up. But for all intents and purposes, for me I'd say more like age 11.

Edited by The Dark Elf - May 01 2022 at 09:30
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2022 at 10:10
I sincerely doubt it. Definitely not for me; it started much earlier when I was around seven years old.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2022 at 11:29
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

I sincerely doubt it. Definitely not for me; it started much earlier when I was around seven years old.

I think seven is about right, but I’ll not just see your seven, but I’ll raise you every seven years after. I’ve been thinking about this awhile you see, and I am relatively sure that around the age of seven my musical tastes definitely developed some individuality, rather than being based purely on what my mum and dad listened to, or what they thought I might like. I reckon it was around the age of seven that I worked out what I liked.

But, after being exposed to a whole lot of new music around the age of eleven or twelve, when I made new friends at intermediate/middle school (or whatever the equivalent is in other countries), it was like being new to music again - listening to and enjoying all sorts of music new to me, like I did before that first magic age of seven, without really deciding on which of those particularly spoke to me. But by 14, like at 7, I had developed some individuality from that morass of new music, rather than being based on what my new friends has introduced me to. I had once again worked out what I liked.

Then again, at 21, once all that awkward adolescence was over, and my life was progressing in a more normal fashion, my music had a third solidification of individuality - after a period once more of being introduced to a whole new lot of music from new friends made once I’d left school, and started to enjoy going out at nights to venues where live music was played.

These are the most important years occurring in my musical life, I think, each after a period of seven years. But, although none has necessarily been as significant since, I would definitely maintain that at seven year intervals my tastes can be tracked and differences seen.

The most recent seven year interval was when I was 42, and retrospectively it is very obviously a big year for me, as it is the year after a period of experimenting and exploring a lot of music, that music that might be considered prog (as opposed to music that might be on PA) really started to take precedence. It’s easy to trace and track, too, thanks to FB, as I’m able to see when I started to follow certain pages, or make certain friends, etc. it’s also the first year that I attempted to start writing about music, with reviews and lists, etc.

But as I go back from then, I can see that 35 was another significant year for me, as it was the year that I finally found I was able to tolerate extreme metal vocals, after years of not being able to listen to them, and knowing I was missing out on some fantastic music because of my problem. It was Ghost Reveries by Opeth, that finally opened the door for me, and after a year of exploring various bands and genres that utilised harsh vocals, through personal recommendations, algorithmic recommendations, or simply coming across something, I once again managed to find that solidification of individuality.

I am now wondering what the age of 49 will bring, although I have an idea, based on the music I’ve recently started to pay more attention to, that for some time I have only flirted with.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2022 at 13:06
It was 1978 at my 14yrs old, so I was already into Rush. Was still into R&B/Funk, but was also starting to get into harder rock and progressive rock although I never called it that back then. 
Styx, Genesis, Zeppelin, Scorpions, Kansas, Pink Floyd...all hell broke loose after that.
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2022 at 16:39

You're such a precocious human! Hearing the other story about you buying that VDGG album (for your brother) based on the (3-D texturized) album cover, I half believe you. But, I think the clarification coming out of this discussion (for me) is: at what age did you start investing your own personal funds on music; i.e. what albums were valued highly enough that you made the
"supreme commitment" to spend your own money on it for your own private collection?

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2022 at 16:44
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

I think seven is about right, but I’ll not just see your seven, but I’ll raise you every seven years after. I’ve been thinking about this awhile you see, and I am relatively sure that around the age of seven my musical tastes definitely developed some individuality, rather than being based purely on what my mum and dad listened to, or what they thought I might like. I reckon it was around the age of seven that I worked out what I liked.

But, after being exposed to a whole lot of new music around the age of eleven or twelve, when I made new friends at intermediate/middle school (or whatever the equivalent is in other countries), it was like being new to music again - listening to and enjoying all sorts of music new to me, like I did before that first magic age of seven, without really deciding on which of those particularly spoke to me. But by 14, like at 7, I had developed some individuality from that morass of new music, rather than being based on what my new friends has introduced me to. I had once again worked out what I liked.

Then again, at 21, once all that awkward adolescence was over, and my life was progressing in a more normal fashion, my music had a third solidification of individuality - after a period once more of being introduced to a whole new lot of music from new friends made once I’d left school, and started to enjoy going out at nights to venues where live music was played.

These are the most important years occurring in my musical life, I think, each after a period of seven years. But, although none has necessarily been as significant since, I would definitely maintain that at seven year intervals my tastes can be tracked and differences seen.

The most recent seven year interval was when I was 42, and retrospectively it is very obviously a big year for me, as it is the year after a period of experimenting and exploring a lot of music, that music that might be considered prog (as opposed to music that might be on PA) really started to take precedence. It’s easy to trace and track, too, thanks to FB, as I’m able to see when I started to follow certain pages, or make certain friends, etc. it’s also the first year that I attempted to start writing about music, with reviews and lists, etc.

But as I go back from then, I can see that 35 was another significant year for me, as it was the year that I finally found I was able to tolerate extreme metal vocals, after years of not being able to listen to them, and knowing I was missing out on some fantastic music because of my problem. It was Ghost Reveries by Opeth, that finally opened the door for me, and after a year of exploring various bands and genres that utilised harsh vocals, through personal recommendations, algorithmic recommendations, or simply coming across something, I once again managed to find that solidification of individuality.

I am now wondering what the age of 49 will bring, although I have an idea, based on the music I’ve recently started to pay more attention to, that for some time I have only flirted with.

I love your personal history in terms of sevens! I'm a firm believer in the visible effects of the seven year cycles that we humans pass through. (I'm 63! time for a seven-year assessment!)

Drew Fisher
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2022 at 16:46
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

I don't know. Depends on your life experience. I saw The Beatles on Ed Sullivan at 4 years old, and gained a lifelong attachment. Unknown to our parents, it turns out ol' stiff Ed was a purveyor of insidious and radical 1960s musical trends every Sunday evening. So while mom and dad watched Ed for Robert Goulet, Petula Clark and Tony Bennett, we got to see The Doors, The Stones, Jefferson Airplane, The Byrds, The Animals, and Sly and the Family Stone. And great music was more accessible on the radio during the 60s and early 70s -- and make no mistake, not only was radio omnipresent in that era, the variety and musicianship of popular music was far better as well. 

We talk about progressive rock on this little PA island as if it was unique (and we are, of course, unique), but back when I was growing up (not even as a teen, mind you), commercial hit AM stations were playing prog, hard rock, soul and R&B songs alongside the usual bubblegum hit crap that is a staple in every generation. I saw Alice Cooper at age 11 (School's Out tour), and Deep Purple, Tull and Black Sabbath not long thereafter. Blues came along when I started playing guitar and harmonica, and my best friend had Muddy Waters, Elmore James and Mississippi John Hurt albums. 

Like I said, depends on how you grew up. But for all intents and purposes, for me I'd say more like age 11.

Is 11 the age at which you began making music purchases, using your own treasured money, for the augmentation of your own personal music collection?

Drew Fisher
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2022 at 06:32
My elder bros say that I was used to spend hours on a turntable playing 45rpms since when I was aged 3. I remember clearly some of them: Hello Mary Lou (CCR), a lot of Beatles, Animals but also some Italians like Gianni Morandi and Adriano Celentano plus some classical like Chopin and Beethoven. All that stuff came from my bros, of course.

But when I was 10, I had Trilogy on tape. It changed everything. I'm a proghead since then.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2022 at 06:35
...then about at what age I started spending my own money...I needed to have money, first. 
Anyway, my first purchase was DSOTM. Actually my favorite tracks where The Great Gig and Us and Them, by coincidence both by Wright.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2022 at 07:05
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

...then about at what age I started spending my own money...I needed to have money, first. 
Anyway, my first purchase was DSOTM. Actually my favorite tracks where The Great Gig and Us and Them, by coincidence both by Wright.

My, you were precocious, Luca! Spinning 45s at age three! Buying your own records at 11! When did you have time to learn how to ride a bicycle?Wink

I don't understand why Richard Wright is significant here.Confused Please explain!

Edited by BrufordFreak - May 02 2022 at 07:06
Drew Fisher
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2022 at 22:25
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

I just heard this "science/research-based" "fact" and I've been dancing around it in my head ever since.

Do you agree? Can you remember what "new" music came into your world at age 13-14--or how you began to exhibit your own personal tastes and choices at that age?

For me, I was totally into Motown soul/R&B Top 30 music at that age--even though WABX "album-oriented" radio station was earning more and more of my interest. For me, I think my 15th year (1973-4) was more formative: the year I began to by albums (joined the Columbia Record Club), including Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only the Piano PlayerHouses of the HolyTubular Bells, Tull's Passion Play, Santana-McLaughlin's Love Devotion Surrender, InnervisionsBand on the Run, Pretzel Logic, Queen IIBridge of Sighs, and of course, the two albums that started my prog journey more than any other, Demons and Wizards and Relayer.

But then, I've always been a late bloomer...

I am a 'late bloomer' too but much more than what you have described.  Living in India, I didn't even know of the existence of bands like Genesis, Yes or GG.  I mean, I probably would have known about Genesis had I paid more attention to 80s chart topping crap (because I did vaguely know about Phil Collins).  But when I was 14, the year was 1999 and the access to information on every conceivable thing on the internet we take for granted today was still a distant dream.  

I began to get into rock only in 2005 when I turned 20.  And prog began to happen in fits and starts the year after.  Then a little bit of jazz the next but it would be three-four years more before I would really get into jazz.  

I used to be the sort of guy who dismissed hip hop as 'not music' but eventually got into it in 2016 or so and I was passing 30 at this point.  

There is still much Latin American music I would like to explore as also East Asian and Oriental stuff, though all of THAT depends on how melodically or harmonically interesting they are. With perhaps the exception of hip hop, I don't think purely rhythmic or purely atmospheric music interests me much though I can and do give it a go once in a while.  If there is anything that slows down my attempts to get into more 'new' music, it is simply paucity of time compared to how things were for me in my 20s.  But mentally I am still as receptive as I was then, maybe more because I am more open minded now and not in a hurry to press the stop button and say 'nah'.

I think that sort of thesis (of tastes getting 'set' by age 14) depends on the listener only being interested in 'sound'.  I am not at all like that and I look at whether the moving parts involved are interesting. If I let the music 'excite' me to begin with, then I will appreciate the emotions at a later stage.  If I had to guess, looking for emotional connect right from the get go may be what gets in the way for many listeners whose tastes stop evolving into adulthood.  Because we then don't account for how the unfamiliarity of the genre or say a language barrier would stop us from understanding the emotions and 'blame' it on the music itself and stop trying. But if I had tried to fit my first impressions of Metallica (specifically, the track Ride The Lightning) into the paradigm of tastes informed largely by Indian film music (which is different from Ravi Shankar etc) and a smattering of classic rock, I would have never made it past the first listen. 

Separately, the problem with a lot of psychological 'science' is indeed that it is simply a bunch of surveys.  I find it scary in a sense because it is like they want to use the surveys to generalize human behaviour and not have to account for our capacity to be different. I remember when I studied economics, the fact that it had to rely on surveys rather than controlled experiments was pointed at as a weakness as a science discipline.  But it seems to me that such articles no longer make the distinction.  I have once had the unpleasant experience of getting into it with someone who repeatedly called me a science denier when I didn't agree on how definitive certain tendencies were.  And then, when he came up with the magician's rabbit act of presenting the evidence, it was just...a bunch of surveys.  

I evidently don't fit the norm as far as this survey is concerned and am least bothered by it.  It is neither a badge of honour nor something for me to feel weird about it.  It's just what it is.  "I know what I like".
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2022 at 22:33
Oh man, I don't even know if I can quantify just how much music I consumed when I was in that 13-14. I was already getting into prog with bands like Rush and (early) Queen, both of whom I found after listening to Journey's first three albums. But then I found the Musicmatch Jukebox program on my computer, and suddenly the entire music world was at my fingertips. I searched for related bands to Rush, which led me down the rabbithole of ELP, Yes, King Crimson, etc. And then THAT led me down the rabbithole of prog metal with bands like Queensryche and Porcupine Tree. Needless to say, my whole musical world changed from then on out. I distinctly remember playing computer games with my brother (specifically RTS games like Command & Conquer and Stronghold) while we would have a bunch of new musical discoveries playing in the background. Soooo... yeah, I guess it all started with Journey of all bands LOL

Also, fun fact: I started my original ProgArchives account back when I was 13, mostly because of everything I said above Smile

And keep in mind that while I was consuming music digitally through Musicmatch, I was also an avid record collector (and still am). I might be younger, but I still love collecting CDs and vinyls Wink

Edited by Necrotica - May 03 2022 at 22:38
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2022 at 00:30
My 14th year was pivotal when it comes to musical tastes. I found out that I liked Ekseption more than classical music at age 10. At 11 I started to listen to top 40 songs (and eventually found out that I liked Supersister and Focus more than a bit). In June 1972 I discovered Pink Floyd and the year after I went fully into prog.
The first album I bought was the then freshly released Dark Side of the Moon.

Edited by someone_else - May 04 2022 at 00:32
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2022 at 06:36
My 14th year was significant to me because my brother, who was the one who molded my musical tastes, got married at that time. He used to listen to Metallica, Iron Maiden, and other artists in that vein, but he also listened to Rush, Steve Vai, and other "not conventional" music. Thanks to him I was spared of listening to what was trending at that time in Central America, mostly Mexican pop and Latin American dance music (although I slipped into hip hop for a brief period around my 11th or 12th birthday).

So it was at 14 years of age (1993-94) that I was left by myself, although he left me his entire Rush, Steve Vai and Joe Satriani cassette collection. From then on I started to get more and more into prog, mainly Dream Theater, although I slipped into alternative and grunge at that time too.

It was never easy to find good music in Central America, at least in Guatemala (I found some really good CD's from the Magna Carta label in Costa Rica when I went there in 1999), so if it weren't for the internet, which really became a "thing" around here only in the mid 00's, I would never have heard "classical" prog of the 70s and modern stuff. And I shamefully have to admit that before streaming services existed, my only source of new music was through piracy and P2P networks, but there was really no other way to get a hold of anything in a country where we don't even have a postal service to buy things online.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2022 at 07:53
For me this would have been the 1981/1882 timeframe. My family moved to a new town in 1979. Up until this point most of the music in my life was whatever was on top 40 radio and the Beatles because my parents had some Beatles records. Ironically, my dad also had stuff like Traffic John Barleycorn must Die and Led Zeppelin II and III but when we moved to the new town, mt new friends introduced me to all the great rock music that was prevalent at that time. The biggest one for me was Rush and they remain my favorite band to this day. I did dabble in prog, mostly Yes, but that was it.

My favorites back then were Rush, Triumph, Iron Maiden, and Queensryche. I also listened to a LOT of rock radio. I was fortunate to have four solid stations within my listening area.

I only got heavily into prog in the last 20 years or so.

Edited by Jeffro - May 08 2022 at 07:57
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
stegor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2022 at 18:31
14 is about right for me. it would have been 1974. Bungle in the Jungle was a big hit on the radio. It was pretty good. I thought Jethro Tull was a pretty cool name for a band and somehow I was aware that it was a band name and not the singer's name. Then my older sister bought Aqualung because she played flute in high school band. I made the connection that the same guy did Aqualung and Bungle in the Jungle, and then I found out he also did Living in the Past which I heard when I was 12 and really loved, along with all the other AM radio hits of 1972 like Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) and Ride Captain Ride. It was when I turned the record over and heard My God for the first time that the light bulb came on. Then I discovered Beaker Street on the radio, playing mysterious music late at night barely breaking through the AM static all the way from Little Rock Arkansas. I heard 21st Century Schizoid Man. Yup, the summer of 1974, 14 years old.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>