Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Porcupine Tree 2022 Tour Lineup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Porcupine Tree 2022 Tour Lineup
    Posted: May 06 2022 at 14:54
The live lineup for the tour, so no Colin Edwin, Nick Beggs or Tony Levin. I've seen Randy McStine open for The Pineapple Thief back in 2019 and he is very good, don't know anything about Nate Navarro.

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2022 at 15:07
Interesting, thanks for sharing this José. I thought Beggs might have been involved.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2022 at 15:09
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Interesting, thanks for sharing this José. I thought Beggs might have been involved.

Me2.....I like Beggs, does a great job for SW solo stuff live, seen him several times. Although good to see SW give this Nick dude a shot.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2022 at 15:11
I've heard of Randy but not Nate. 
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2022 at 15:12
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Me2.....I like Beggs, does a great job for SW solo stuff live, seen him several times. Although good to see SW give this Nick dude a shot.

Do you mean Nate? The Nick you are thinking of might be Nick Collins who is a very good drummer and Phil Collins' son.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - May 06 2022 at 15:34
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2022 at 15:14
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Me2.....I like Beggs, does a great job for SW solo stuff live, seen him several times. Although good to see SW give this Nate dude a shot.

Do you mean Nate? The Nick you are thinking of might be Nick Collins who is a very good drummer and Phil Collins son.

Sorry yes...corrected above
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2022 at 21:46
It'll be interesting to hear their interplay. I'm sure it will be a great show.
maxsmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2022 at 14:22
From interviews about the new album, Steven played all the bass parts.  Apparently he didn't want Colin involved with this project or Colin had other interests.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2022 at 15:38
Originally posted by maxsmusic maxsmusic wrote:

From interviews about the new album, Steven played all the bass parts.  Apparently he didn't want Colin involved with this project or Colin had other interests.

I may have missed a recent interview but have not heard that SW directly did not want Colin involved, I've also not heard of Colin doing any other project recently. I have a feeling he was not willing to leave Australia during the recording of the new album due to Covid situation.
I also would not be surprised if Colin is simply pissed at SW for letting PT die the way it did, Gavin expressed his feelings about it recently on how it ended.
Clearly there is still some bad feelings between all three members........
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2022 at 22:14

I may have missed a recent interview but have not heard that SW directly did not want Colin involved, I've also not heard of Colin doing any other project recently. I have a feeling he was not willing to leave Australia during the recording of the new album due to Covid situation.
I also would not be surprised if Colin is simply pissed at SW for letting PT die the way it did, Gavin expressed his feelings about it recently on how it ended.

Edwin is in a band called O.R.K. which has released three albums. I have their latest Ramagehead and really like it. 
It was interesting seeing PT in Toronto during The Incident tour when "Tom Sawyer" comes blasting over the speakers and Wilson is rocking out along with us all in the crowd. When it ends Wilson throws Edwin under the bus by saying Colin doesn't like Rush. A lot of people were booing Colin and he sort of smiled and shrugged with his hands in the air.
All four original band members couldn't be more different from one another apparently. Colin said that he and Maitland the drummer agreed on two subjects out of the many they talked about back in the day.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2022 at 12:36
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Edwin is in a band called O.R.K. which has released three albums. I have their latest Ramagehead and really like it. 
It was interesting seeing PT in Toronto during The Incident tour when "Tom Sawyer" comes blasting over the speakers and Wilson is rocking out along with us all in the crowd. When it ends Wilson throws Edwin under the bus by saying Colin doesn't like Rush. A lot of people were booing Colin and he sort of smiled and shrugged with his hands in the air.
All four original band members couldn't be more different from one another apparently. Colin said that he and Maitland the drummer agreed on two subjects out of the many they talked about back in the day.
Nice tidbit on SW....could he be the next Roger Waters??? LOL
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2022 at 20:21

I wish Chris Maitland could have been back in the band. I loved his playing on Coma Divine.
Disconnect View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disconnect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2022 at 06:31
I've missed Maitland's backing vocals ever since Lightbulb Sun.  Better at harmonies than SW, in my humble opinion.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2022 at 06:53

Hi,

I rather think that the issue in Australia with coming and going is a problem. It's where Colin is from right? He would have problems getting back in and out and such.

Edited by moshkito - May 13 2022 at 06:54
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2022 at 10:49
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I wish Chris Maitland could have been back in the band. I loved his playing on Coma Divine.

I also like Maitland's drumming on all those early albums, as well Coma Divine. But I guess SW wanted to go down a harder more metal sound when he started writing In Absentia and Chris was not keen to that. PT found themselves without a drummer at the start of recording and had to scramble and found Gavin, I believe Richard Barbieri recommended Gavin, not sure.
I think the story is told more accurately in the documentary for In Absentia on YouTube.

Anyhow I'm good with Gavin, I think he's a masterful drummer, but I do miss Colin's thick bass playing.
 Post Reply Post Reply