Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Official 'review our music' forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forbidden Myth (Review Request)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forbidden Myth (Review Request)
    Posted: May 20 2022 at 13:08
Hello we are Forbidden Myth from Greece.
We released our first epic prog rock concept album, called "Zantea Chronicles : The Dream Dominator".

Here is the Lyric Movie of the entire album!

Here is the bandcamp page, you can listen to the album and read the lyrics and the plot!

We hope you enjoy our album and we are waiting for your reviews!

Edited by UnderGround - May 28 2022 at 07:17
UnderGround View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2023 at 01:28
Hello again!
Can anyone of the mods tell me the way how to reach more people to review my album?
Thanks!
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2023 at 03:36
Sounds interesting. Firstly will give it a listen this weekend. Cool
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2023 at 04:03
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Sounds interesting. Firstly will give it a listen this weekend. Cool

I hope you like it.
In 2024 we will release the sequel of "The Dream Dominator", the second installment of the trilogy!Smile
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2023 at 23:36
Love it. Looking forward to your upcoming album. Thank you.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2023 at 06:19
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Love it. Looking forward to your upcoming album. Thank you.

I am very glad you like it and many thanks for the great review and the support!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2023 at 13:43
One more questions to the mods.
Is it acceptable from the forum rules to suggest to reviewers if someone wants to review my album?
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2023 at 07:39
Hi,

Just listened to the whole thing, and liked it, alas, I can not review it as it forces me to login again, and the passwords won't match ... it's been an issue with me for sometime here on PA ... passwords going awry, if I have to switch browsers and the like.

So sorry ... it's a very nice album!

Edited by moshkito - June 21 2023 at 10:58
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2023 at 14:06
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

Just listened to the whole thing, and liked it, alas, I can not review it as it forces me to login again, and the passwords won't match ... it's been an issue with me for sometime here on PA ... passwords going awry, if I have to switch browsers and the like.

So sorry ... it's a very nice album!

Thank you, so happy you like it!
If you know any other reviewers, please forward the album to listen...Smile

Edited by UnderGround - June 21 2023 at 14:10
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2023 at 14:25
I enjoyed the record a lot, so I'd be happy to give it a writeup. I saw that you also uploaded it to Sputnik, so once I'm done, I'll post it there as well so I can give the project more exposure Smile
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2023 at 14:50
Originally posted by Necrotica Necrotica wrote:

I enjoyed the record a lot, so I'd be happy to give it a writeup. I saw that you also uploaded it to Sputnik, so once I'm done, I'll post it there as well so I can give the project more exposure Smile

Thank you very much that you was listen the album and I am happy you will write a review!
Yes i was upload it to Sputnik, thanks that you remind it to me...Smile
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2023 at 19:16
Hi,

My main comment, is probably an odd one, and I hope that you can enjoy it ... 

I like to comment here, about some new bands that ... "look ma, I'm playing progressive music!" ... as a joke, since so much of it is (to my ear) a sort of idea of what "progressive music should be complete with guitar solo, etc, etc, etc ... and the nicest thing in your piece is that I don't remember a guitar solo per se, and I don't look at the piano as having done "solo" parts in any of the pieces.

It made for a wonderful listen that, for once, was not about ... look I'm doing this or that ... but about the music itself and the conceptual nature of the work is really special, and worthy of note. I am trying to read more on it, as I think I missed some of its story along the way.

It feels rare, these days, to listen to music that is NOT, showing off its skills, and instead is concentrating on the quality and development of the whole story itself, within your sphere of ability, without having to feel like you had to stretch it some to get to the idea/point that it is "progressive" ... regardless, it is a wonderful piece of music and my ClapClapClap ... for the ability to remain on point the whole time.

IF, and this is an IF ... I have a little comment, very minor at that, it would be that I would wish to hear some pieces stretched out a bit more ... somehow, the pastoral vision of a part extended here and there seemed right in my mind, but I can see that is my vision and not necessarily yours.

Great work ... so here you have it, the "review" in pieces. 

BTW, I prefer to look at the "whole work" and not any individual pieces, and I can not say that there were any that did not get/keep my attention on it, as I listened to it non-stop all the way to the end.

Lovely ... lovely ... lovely and then some!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2023 at 22:57

Hi,

My main comment, is probably an odd one, and I hope that you can enjoy it ... 

I like to comment here, about some new bands that ... "look ma, I'm playing progressive music!" ... as a joke, since so much of it is (to my ear) a sort of idea of what "progressive music should be complete with guitar solo, etc, etc, etc ... and the nicest thing in your piece is that I don't remember a guitar solo per se, and I don't look at the piano as having done "solo" parts in any of the pieces.

It made for a wonderful listen that, for once, was not about ... look I'm doing this or that ... but about the music itself and the conceptual nature of the work is really special, and worthy of note. I am trying to read more on it, as I think I missed some of its story along the way.

It feels rare, these days, to listen to music that is NOT, showing off its skills, and instead is concentrating on the quality and development of the whole story itself, within your sphere of ability, without having to feel like you had to stretch it some to get to the idea/point that it is "progressive" ... regardless, it is a wonderful piece of music and my ClapClapClap ... for the ability to remain on point the whole time.

IF, and this is an IF ... I have a little comment, very minor at that, it would be that I would wish to hear some pieces stretched out a bit more ... somehow, the pastoral vision of a part extended here and there seemed right in my mind, but I can see that is my vision and not necessarily yours.

Great work ... so here you have it, the "review" in pieces. 

BTW, I prefer to look at the "whole work" and not any individual pieces, and I can not say that there were any that did not get/keep my attention on it, as I listened to it non-stop all the way to the end.

Lovely ... lovely ... lovely and then some!

Thank you very much for your kind words and your comments.
The particularity of this project is that has not guitar or bass guitar. Everything(except drums) played with keyboard instruments. For example we used hammond through leslie and marshalls for rythm parts...
George Katsanos that played in this records is one of the best Greek keyboard players(a piano and synth virtuoso). But all we played here, was play to "serve" the music, not to present our abilities and i am happy that you liked and appreciated that.
I am very happy you like it and you took your time to listen to it!

Edited by UnderGround - June 22 2023 at 04:52
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2023 at 13:12
Originally posted by UnderGround UnderGround wrote:

But all we played here, was play to "serve" the music, not to present our abilities and i am happy that you liked and appreciated that.

I am very happy you like it and you took your time to listen to it!

Hi,

For me, coming from the classical music from my young days (dad had over 2K LP's with about 50 operas, and then some, and later I added Tomita and some electronics for him to hear. He got to enjoy Tangerine Dream some. for example, and was surprised to see "electronics" continue a classical tradition of MUSIC.

It is one of my pet peeves here on PA that I stand up for the "serve the music", and in general, disdain the format of a lot of music these days, that makes room for a "solo" and uses "lyrics" to tell you about it all, when the MUSIC ITSELF can do it very well, but in my book, many musicians these days are not "visual" or within a "cinematic mode" and have to rely on "lyrics" to tell them what is going on ... which is really sad as it is like saying ... that music doesn't speak ... and that is a totally insane concept and idea. Music speaks a lot more than we are capable of giving it credit, but allowing the music the "freedom" to express itself, is difficult these days, when all music instruction is mechanics and rarely has a visual attachment to it.

Reminds me of a funny/weird statement regarding Keith Jarrett ... I think it was his grandma that taught him some piano, and she took him to a nearby creek, and had him listen to the creek, and then said ... when you can play like that ... you will be ready. If anything, even though I thought him at times very mechanically minded, he must have "incorporated" the details within the creek ... a little fish shook in that spot, and a small stick changed the flow for a minute, and so on ... the kind of things that can be done musically, if one sets their mind to it, instead of just thinking notes on a DAW ... which always get changed and "corrected" for one reason or another, which IS NOT on par with the visual nature of music, and that is the only downside of the DAW, although I'm sure that some folks (Vangelis/Jarre/Hamel) will likely defer to the music itself to correct details, BEFORE they take on the DAW ... at least the flow in their music suggests a lot more of the mind flow than otherwise.

My apologies for extending this, and adding some confusion to your thoughts (if that is the case) but at least you will get a better idea what gets me into the music 99% of the time ... it's ability to color "time" as I call it.

When is your next symphony ... well, piece, anyway ... ?
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2023 at 13:52

Reminds me of a funny/weird statement regarding Keith Jarrett ... I think it was his grandma that taught him some piano, and she took him to a nearby creek, and had him listen to the creek, and then said ... when you can play like that ... you will be ready. If anything, even though I thought him at times very mechanically minded, he must have "incorporated" the details within the creek ... a little fish shook in that spot, and a small stick changed the flow for a minute, and so on ... the kind of things that can be done musically, if one sets their mind to it, instead of just thinking notes on a DAW ... which always get changed and "corrected" for one reason or another, which IS NOT on par with the visual nature of music, and that is the only downside of the DAW, although I'm sure that some folks (Vangelis/Jarre/Hamel) will likely defer to the music itself to correct details, BEFORE they take on the DAW ... at least the flow in their music suggests a lot more of the mind flow than otherwise.

My apologies for extending this, and adding some confusion to your thoughts (if that is the case) but at least you will get a better idea what gets me into the music 99% of the time ... it's ability to color "time" as I call it.

When is your next symphony ... well, piece, anyway ... ?

Music is mathematics and magic in the same time...Smile
As I wrote above, now I am working on the sequel of "The Dream Dominator" and I hope it will be ready in 2024.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2023 at 07:07

Hi,

Interesting comment. Being a very intuitive writer, I don't quite consider a lot of it as "magic" at all, but a very simple "continuity" of the inner self and sights. To me, the human spirit is not "magic" and it belongs in the realm of the REAL so we can learn to understand it and use it better.

The problem with "magic" for me, is that it inheritantly means that it is something that "excludes" many folks that do not have that "magic". And in some ways, from my experience, that has a tendency to prevent folks that find things naturally completely out of luck since what we would consider their "magic" is totally and completely different, and is a problem that ends up confusing us all because nothing can be quite agreed on, and developed from there.

To me, the mathematics side of it, is not always true ... when you can easily find a child that does not know music at all, and he/she can create some pieces on their own, were we not intent on taking that particular style of intuition and dismantling it with theories about music, instead ... a sort of "City of Lost Children" where the adults steal everything from the children!

It might be "magic" to many folks ... but for me, it is the "reality" of the inner self that we do not give much credence to, because we believe our minds are more important. To me, it is ALL or nothing, not one better than the other.

Sorry about the philosophical comments, in this thread about your album.
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2023 at 08:54

Hi,

Interesting comment. Being a very intuitive writer, I don't quite consider a lot of it as "magic" at all, but a very simple "continuity" of the inner self and sights. To me, the human spirit is not "magic" and it belongs in the realm of the REAL so we can learn to understand it and use it better.

The problem with "magic" for me, is that it inheritantly means that it is something that "excludes" many folks that do not have that "magic". And in some ways, from my experience, that has a tendency to prevent folks that find things naturally completely out of luck since what we would consider their "magic" is totally and completely different, and is a problem that ends up confusing us all because nothing can be quite agreed on, and developed from there.

To me, the mathematics side of it, is not always true ... when you can easily find a child that does not know music at all, and he/she can create some pieces on their own, were we not intent on taking that particular style of intuition and dismantling it with theories about music, instead ... a sort of "City of Lost Children" where the adults steal everything from the children!

It might be "magic" to many folks ... but for me, it is the "reality" of the inner self that we do not give much credence to, because we believe our minds are more important. To me, it is ALL or nothing, not one better than the other.

Sorry about the philosophical comments, in this thread about your album.

I am sorry for my poor English, I will try to tell you what I meant.

I said about maths because without them Pythagoras was never find the music scales...
As about magic I meant that music is so beautiful like something magical...
With the sentence I wrote, I tried to show a contrast...Smile
https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com/album/zantea-chronicles-the-dream-dominator
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2023 at 09:01
Any other idea how to reach more reviewers?
This is the last time I ask for this because I believe that I am starting to be annoying…😊
https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com/album/zantea-chronicles-the-dream-dominator
Skymachine_119 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Skymachine_119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2023 at 12:18
Thumbs Up
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2024 at 07:51
5 stars FORBIDDEN MYTH   The finest export from Greece since the Elgin Marbles first rolled up onto British shores at the turn of the 19th century - for which the Greeks have never quite forgiven us. Forbidden Myth is the brainchild of Antonis Adelfidis - Greece's answer to Rick Wakeman - ably assisted by multi-instrumentalist George Katsanos, playing together on just about every keyboard instrument they could lay their hands on, and with a cast list of supporting players almost as long as Ben Hur. It's also worth mentioning that Katsanos is a mighty fine singer too. This is the greatest partnership since Burton & Taylor, Bogey & Bacall, or Marks & Spencer. There's an old saying that you should beware of Greeks bearing gifts, but when those same Greeks come bearing gifts of prog albums, then you should welcome them with open arms and with love and kisses too. In the vast pantheon of prog, Adelfidis & Katsanos joins that long list of Greek heroes including, Theseus, Perseus, Odysseus, Vangelis, Roussos & Sideras. Okay, so the first three Greek heroes never formed a prog band as far as I'm aware, but the last three names were all in the same band. You won't find an Achilles Heel in the astounding sounds and amazing music of Forbidden Myth though, as this stunning album is a pure 100% masterpiece from beginning to end. In fact, you won't have heard such masterful keyboard wizardry as this since caped crusader Rick Wakeman first stunned us all with his acclaimed Myths & Legends album. Forbidden Myth target the listener with rip-roaring power chords with the unerring accuracy of a laser-guided Paveway missile. Zantea Chronicles: The Dream Dominator is the towering Acropolis on the Mount in terms of epic prog albums, which even surpasses all of Ayreon's magnificent masterworks. You'll find Forbidden Myth listed under Heavy Prog on ProgArchives, although they almost found their way into the Progressive Metal category, which really wouldn't have done them justice. After all, Zantea Chronicles is far better than any album I've ever heard by Dream Theater, although I can now hear howls of derision coming from DT fans. It's truly an epic album too, running at over 100 minutes long, in the true tradition of Ayreon's epic productions, making it excellent value for money. If you have the good fortune to buy this fine album, then it'll be the best 4,000 drachmas you ever spent. In the vast progosphere, Forbidden Myth are as good as it gets and Zantea Chronicles joins some of the finest European prog albums from Holland, Italy and Germany. And so, for any German prog fans out there, "Das ist Verboten Mythos. Danke schoen und gute nacht."

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - March 15 2024 at 07:52
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>