Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Alan White

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Alan White
    Posted: May 26 2022 at 10:31
This incredibly sad news deserves a thread of its own and in the lounge.

The legendary Alan White has passed away. https://www.facebook.com/imaginealanwhite 

An incredible drummer, an extremely nice man, our love and best wishes must go to the family, and thanks for some incredible musical memories.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 10:32
one more very sad news
RIP Alan
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 10:34
A real great oneHeart---and great humble guy. RIPCry
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 10:39
I have seen him with Yes several times, and he was at a Steve Hackett concert in Seattle I attended a few years ago. Sad news indeed. Cry
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 10:45
Cry sad, sad news indeed.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 10:46
Just heard of this a minute ago. So sad. Another of rock's royalty gone. RIP Alan. Cry
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 11:10
Another great loss of the world of Prog.
RIP.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 11:17
They had just announced the next Yes tour and the article had said that Alan White was not able to participate because of health issues.  I was worried that this news was probably coming, but I am sad to hear of his passing.  Cry
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 11:31
shocking and sad news
RIP 
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 11:38
I just saw this. Very sad to hear. I met Alan years ago at the NAMM show in California.
 Super nice guy & a great drummer. He will be missed. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 11:54
Very, very sad news........Such a force behind the kit for Yes. The prog world and Seattle has lost another wonderful person.
SuperMetro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 11:57
What will become of Yes now? Will they get a drummer that will will make them sound more like a cover band or will they hopefully stop. 

I was shocked to hear of this news of Alan White's death. He s probably playing with John Lennon and Chris Squire now. 
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 12:19
Originally posted by SuperMetro SuperMetro wrote:

What will become of Yes now? Will they get a drummer that will will make them sound more like a cover band or will they hopefully stop. 

I was shocked to hear of this news of Alan White's death. He s probably playing with John Lennon and Chris Squire now. 

I don't think he's been able to drum properly for a while now, Yes have been using a second drummer. I knew he wasn't in the best of health but this is a great shock. RIP Alan, heaven has a great prog rhythm section now.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 12:51
Originally posted by SuperMetro SuperMetro wrote:

sadly they will  never stop ---its the only way some of them can make money --Howe and Downes only ones financially secure.
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 13:36
Another of the very great ones has left us, such sad news...
Norbert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 13:38
Cry

Rest in Peace Alan. 

It was an unforgettabble experience to see Yes in 2003.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 13:48
Cry
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 13:53
Sad, sad news.. RIP Alan.. up there with Chris once again making that fantastic thunderous rhythm section that made YES such a musical force to be reckoned with. 

UnderGround View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 14:26
What a great drummer!
R.I.P.
Cry

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 14:40
As a huge long time Yes fan this was very sad to hear. I even met him once and he was very nice and down to earth. RIP Alan. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - May 26 2022 at 14:41
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>