Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Touch! Don't Touch! for progressive electronic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Touch! Don't Touch! for progressive electronic
    Posted: June 05 2022 at 05:16

this is a 2006 album by the project Touch! Don't Touch! led by theremin virtuosos Lydia Kavina and Barbara Buchholz. the two asked 8 modern composers to write music for theremin

line-up:

Barbara Buchholz - theremin
Lydia Kavina - theremin
Heather O'Donnell - piano (tracks 1-7)
Tobias Rempe - violin (tracks 2 and 4-7)
Cosima Bernhardt - violoncello (tracks 2 and 4-7)
Dirk Rothbrust - percussion (tracks 1 and 3-7)

tracklist:

1) Cantato Ostinato (for two theremins, piano and percussion) 6:30 (Olga Bochihina)
2) Vakuum-Halluzinationen (for two theremins, violin and violoncello) 5:54 (Caspar Johannes Walter)
3) Thereminskie Ostrova (Theremin Islands) (for two theremins, piano and percussion) 8:02 (Nicolas Richter de Vroe)
4) Rezitativ und Arie (for two theremins, violin, violoncello, piano and percussion) 7:20 (Michael Hirsch)
5) Se Vuoi (for two theremins, violin, violoncello, piano and percussion) 5:38 (Juliane Klein)
6) Cherno-Belaja Muzyka (Black-And-White Music) (for two theremins, violin, violoncello, piano and percussion) 8:03 (Vladimir Nikolaev)
7) The Son of the Daughter of Dracula Versus the Incredible Frankenstein Monster (for two theremins, violin, violoncello, piano and percussion) 8:42 (Moritz Eggert)
8) Kitezh-19 (for theremin and tape) 9:13 (Iraida Yusupova)

total length: 59:43

the album appeared (Germany 2006) on the label WERGO as WER 6679 2. It was manufactured by Sony as CD Sony DADC - A0100721737-0101

all 8 tracks can be found on YouTube; just do a search for "Touch! Don't Touch! Barbara Buchholz". here track 7 as example track:

Edited by BaldJean - June 05 2022 at 07:01

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2022 at 15:30
well, no reaction to this?

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2022 at 15:52
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

Well I liek it <3
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2022 at 17:31
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

I brought your suggestion to the team thread but lately it's been difficult getting the head collaborator's attention to add new artists to the charts. Will let you know if/when it gets picked up; thanks for your submission!
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2022 at 01:30
So the PSIKE team decided not to pick this one up as they deemed it unfit for the subgenre; I'm usually a big-tent person, especially for the wonderful world of Prog Electronics, but I think I agree with them here. The music, while interesting, is more modern classical of an avant-garde stripe without any connection to rock, much less the German roots of the subgenre. You've put forth some great suggestions in the past, though, so keep them coming!

Edited by Gordy - July 14 2022 at 01:31
 Post Reply Post Reply