Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Riverside In Recording Studio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Riverside In Recording Studio
    Posted: June 07 2022 at 11:53
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2022 at 12:42
good news , i like this band from their early days
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2022 at 12:51
Cool. I haven't cared much for their recent efforts but I will still give any new material they make a go. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2022 at 14:22
I saw them live a month and a half ago in Montreal and it was quite the powerful spectacle, with impeccable playing and awesome mood. 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2022 at 15:13
Great news!
Zeph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2022 at 06:50
Good to hear. It’s almost been four years, so I’ve been wondering when we’d see some new studio material.
PaulG View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2022 at 18:17
I’m looking forward to a new Riverside release with caution. I’m a very big fan of their music. They just are not the same without Piotr though. I’ve listened to Wasteland no more than a few times. I will give the release more time and several more chances yet it’s missing a huge part of the Riverside DNA. Piotr was that much a part of the Riverside sound. He is sorely missed and can’t be replaced. I know Riverside realize this and I hope the new release will incorporate more of the new guitarist’s DNA and create a whole new experience melded with Riverside’s spiritual signature.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2022 at 02:37
good news, I'm looking forward to listening to new music from these guys. 
PaulG View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2022 at 15:11
Bring it on Riverside. May this be the comeback album of 2022/23. I miss the old Riverside. I miss the releases that came out in the early 2000’s to 2010 timeframe. Not just Riverside and not just new bands
either. This was a time of very high quality Prog. A type of resurgence happened that started in the latter 90’s. Especially progressive metal and heavy Prog yet other genres too. I find times have been a bit stale the past several years. I’m ready for a new resurgence with Prog. Bring it on!
 Post Reply Post Reply