Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Antichrist Imperium for Tech/Extreme

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Antichrist Imperium for Tech/Extreme
    Posted: June 26 2022 at 10:19
The Antichrist Imperium are a British blackened death metal ensemble founded in 2010 by members of Akercocke as the band began its extended hiatus. The London-based project initially consisted of guitarist Matt Wilcock, drummer David Gray and bassist/vocalist Nick Hassan, performing material cultivated from Akercocke rehearsals and their then-stillborn sixth LP, with the band ultimately posting a three-track demo to their Myspace profile. Upon Hassan's departure, Gray and Wilcock recruited vocalist Samuel Loynes and bassist/vocalist Sam Bean in 2014, and the now-quartet signed to Apocalyptic Witchcraft Recordings and released their self-titled debut in 2015, with their sophomore LP Volume II: Every Tongue Shall Praise Satan following in 2018.

The Antichrist Imperium's sound is a logical continuation of Akercocke's eclectic extreme progressive metal but with more pronounced thrash influences, and will appeal to fans of their satellite projects Voices and Shrines as well as Talanas, Hath, Mithras and Opeth.

"The Antichrist Imperium" (2015)

"Volume II: Every Tongue Shall Praise Satan" (2018)

Edited by Gordy - June 26 2022 at 10:23
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2022 at 10:50
I can't see the photo. 
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2022 at 10:53
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

I can't see the photo. 

Try the image not hotlinked: https://r7k2t3x9.rocketcdn.me/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/img-16562.jpg
ProgressiveArtExperimentalMusicArchives: Your ultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource.
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2022 at 11:00
Thanks, Greg. For some reason I can see it without problem.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2022 at 11:00
ok, noted. 
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2022 at 11:01
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

I can't see it, but I'm sure if the band is accepted, I'll find a band photo. 
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2022 at 11:10
^ Can you see the band image from the link that I provided, Cristi?

Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

No problem, thanks for the thanks. :D

I think that's because the image was cached to your computer when you visited the webpage of the image.

I couldn't see it first (broken) and right clicked on the image and visited that -- the message was that the user did not allow hotlinking of the image. I then changed the address a a bit to visit the http page proper (the one that I linked to) and after that it seems the image was cached so that now it appears in your first post for me. Sorry, a bit confusingly and boringly explained.

Edited by Logan - June 26 2022 at 11:14
ProgressiveArtExperimentalMusicArchives: Your ultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2022 at 11:39
added
 Post Reply Post Reply