1 [10.00%]
1 [10.00%]
5 [50.00%]
1 [10.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random-ish iPhone Shuffle June 28, 2022
    Posted: June 28 2022 at 07:19
I decided to try an iPhone shuffle today, instead of the computer shuffle... primarily because I'm mobile today. I update my phone's music library once every July, so it's been almost a year since I last updated my phone. There are approximately a 1,200 song difference between my computer and phone, due to me removing and adding tracks over the past year (with my computer being more updated. And yes, even more so than my Clementine player, my iPhone is biased in its "random" sampling. The next shuffle I do will be done with a customized program with unbiased RN generation.

Songs that appeared which I skipped on the poll:
Muse - Darkshines: Muse appeared yesterday, let's give them a break
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven: Yeah... I want a competitive poll, not a unanimous winner
Tool - Die Eier von Satan: Filler track...
Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know?: Repeat artist
[redacted] - [redacted]: A song I created for a school project listed under my real name

Edit: Turns out three of the artists in this poll are from Finland.

As always, here are the videos, with PA-admitted artists starred and proposed/suggested artists clapping:

Nightwish - Scaretale:

Arctic Monkeys - You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Staring Straight At Me [An annoying title imo]

Clap Avenged Sevenfold- Buried Alive

Ensiferum - Lai Lai Hei

Boston - Let Me Take You Home Tonight

Apocalyptica - Hall of the Mountain King

Edited by bardberic - June 28 2022 at 08:38
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2022 at 07:26
a little fun fact: "Die Eier von Satan" literally means "The Eggs of Satan". however, "Eier" is also a German slang word for "testicles", so it actually means "The Balls of Satan"

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2022 at 07:45
Boston - Let Me Take You Home Tonight
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2022 at 07:50
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

a little fun fact: "Die Eier von Satan" literally means "The Eggs of Satan". however, "Eier" is also a German slang word for "testicles", so it actually means "The Balls of Satan"

Yes, I took German 101 like many American high schoolers. So the whole "shock value" aspect of the song didn't exactly work on me, since I could understand the whole thing from my first listen. The whole purpose of the song is to generate controversy since the average listener wouldn't understand the lyrics to this passionate and angry German speaker on top of scary industrial sounds and a cheering crowd. It's just a recipe for hash cookies without eggs, but frankly, they'd probably be bland and tasteless without eggs tbh. Some obnoxious Tool fans insist that the emphasis of "Und keine eier," that is "And no eggs," is actually an analogy for Jewish people since a cookie would become bland without eggs and society would become bland without Jews. But as a Jewish person, I think that theory is preposterous. They're just trolling. And that is why I dislike Tool fanboys.

Edited by bardberic - June 28 2022 at 07:57
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2022 at 08:35
Originally posted by bardberic bardberic wrote:

Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

Yes, I took German 101 like many American high schoolers. So the whole "shock value" aspect of the song didn't exactly work on me, since I could understand the whole thing from my first listen. The whole purpose of the song is to generate controversy since the average listener wouldn't understand the lyrics to this passionate and angry German speaker on top of scary industrial sounds and a cheering crowd. It's just a recipe for hash cookies without eggs, but frankly, they'd probably be bland and tasteless without eggs tbh. Some obnoxious Tool fans insist that the emphasis of "Und keine eier," that is "And no eggs," is actually an analogy for Jewish people since a cookie would become bland without eggs and society would become bland without Jews. But as a Jewish person, I think that theory is preposterous. They're just trolling. And that is why I dislike Tool fanboys.

"Keine Eier" actually means the same as "no balls" or "sin cojones": Lack of courage.

Edited by BaldFriede - June 28 2022 at 08:41

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2022 at 09:40
Boston. Still have my original vinyl.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2022 at 13:24
Me Too
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply