Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David Longdon - Door One (Posthumous Album)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: David Longdon - Door One (Posthumous Album)
    Posted: June 28 2022 at 11:22

Out on October 14th, 2022

Tracklist:
1. Into The Icehouse
2. Watch It Burn
3. There’s No Ghost Like An Old Ghost
4. The Singer And The Song
5. Forgive (But Not Forget)
6. Sangfroid
7. The Letting Go
8. Love Is All

Band: Jeremy Stacey (King Crimson, Noel Gallagher, Sheryl Crow, The Finn Brothers), bass Steve Vantsis (Fish), sax Theo Travis (Steven Wilson, Soft Machine, Gong) & Gary Bromham (Bjork, Sheryl Crow, George Michael).

Guests: Greg Spawton, Tony Barnard, Hazel Mills, Stuart McCallum, among others.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l067jCbIk_0
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2022 at 16:33
Didn't realize he was working on this before his death. 

I'll probably check it out given the circumstance.s 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2022 at 13:27
I'll certainly get this album.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2022 at 09:51

BIG BIG TRAIN UPDATE – 28th June 2022

Big Big Train

A Note From Rikard Sjöblom

Hello everyone and greetings to you all from sunny Sweden. It’s midsummer up here and we have over 18 hours of daylight currently, so - when I’m not preparing for the Big Big Train shows in September - I’m enjoying lots of time in the great Swedish outdoors. Here’s another Big Big Train update for you!

David Longdon/Door One and Big Big Train/Summer Shall Not Fade

Today we have announced that our dear departed bandmate David Longdon’s posthumous solo album Door One will be released on 14th October on CD, black vinyl, white limited edition vinyl, download and all streaming services. 

On the same day we are also releasing Summer Shall Not Fade, a live Blu-ray film and 2CD set of our show at the Night Of The Prog festival at Loreley in Germany in July 2018. 

These releases are very bittersweet of course. David’s solo album is so beautiful. Door One and Summer Shall Not Fade will be wonderful reminders forever of his incredible talents. The full details of both Door One and Summer Shall Not Fade are on our website www.bigbigtrain.com. 

The BBT and Passengers Club webmaster Steve Cadman has also created a great microsite for Door One here:  www.bigbigtrain.com/door-one/ 

There’s a teaser video for Door One here: 

A teaser video for Summer Shall Not Fade will be made available next week.  

Both releases are available for pre-order at our official stores – Burning Shed in the UK https://burningshed.com/store/english-electric-recordings and The Bandwagon USA in North America https://thebandwagonusa.com/.

Meet Dim Gray

As we announced in the last update, Dim Gray will be supporting Big Big Train in September. Apart from their wonderful recent single, Avalon (www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrQ2ubX77so), you will find plenty of information about the band about their website https://dimgray.no/, which is designed by Steve Cadman. In addition, over the coming weeks, there will be a series of short interview clips with Oskar Holldorff and his DG colleagues Håkon Høiberg and Tom Ian Klungland. Look out for them!

Nick D’Virgilio Stairway To Heaven drum groove

NDV has just released the 25th (wow!) in his Groovy Thursdays series. This time round he’s chosen a legendary tune and examined the closing section of the Led Zeppelin classic Stairway To Heaven. If you’re Led Zep fan (why wouldn’t you be?!) you should definitely check this out here: 

The Big Big Train Book 

On 18th June 2022 Kingmaker Publishing held an event in London to celebrate the publication of Grant Moon’s Big Big Train book Between The Lines - The Story Of A Rock Band. Unfortunately I couldn’t attend but I hear it was a great evening and here's a photo from the event:

All the signed copies of the book have now been sold but it remains available from Burning Shed here https://burningshed.com/store/kingmaker/grant-moon_big-big-train%E2%80%93between-the-lines_.

It will also soon be available for purchase in North America from The Bandwagon USA here Big Big Train "Between The Lines: The Story Of A Rock Band" Book as well as being sold worldwide via Amazon. 

I’m really looking forward to getting back on stage with my musical family and hope to see you on the road in September.

Best wishes

Rikard Sjöblom

Big Big Train

Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2022 at 10:54
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2022 at 11:19
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Didn't realize he was working on this before his death. 

I'll probably check it out given the circumstance.s 
Ditto!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
 Post Reply Post Reply