Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vintersea for Tech/Extreme Metal (Approved)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vintersea for Tech/Extreme Metal (Approved)
    Posted: June 29 2022 at 14:54
This one is, in my opinion, borderline. Everyone else that talks about this band seems to consider it solid progressive metal with heavy blackened/melodeath influence. They're even listed on the Encyclopedia Metallum as "Extreme Progressive Metal", the same genre classification that Gonin-Ish, who are on the PA, falls under there -- The bands sound nothing alike, nevertheless -- and on Rate Your Music, they are unanimously considered to be "Progressive Metal," however. Even though I personally feel the black metal elements outweigh the prog elements, I do think they're worth an analysis here to see if you think they deserve a spot on the PA.

Vintersea is a blackened melodic metal band from Portland, Oregon, who claims their greatest inspiration is the "majesty of the Pacific Northwest." Originally called "Âsterión," they changed their name in 2016 to Vintersea. Fronted by Avienne Kiuttu, who provides both the harsh and clean vocals, Vintersea combines atmospheric black metal, melodic death metal and progressive metal to create a haunting and desolate, yet engaging listening experience. The prog elements add a technical complexity to the more melodic parts.

They released:
in 2014, their debut EP, Constellations.
in 2017, their first album, The Gravity of Fall.
in 2019, their sophomore album, Illuminated.

This is the last suggestion I am going to make for a while; I will wait until the other plethora of suggestions I have are accepted or rejected.

Edited by bardberic - July 28 2022 at 08:23
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2022 at 15:06
ok, noted
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2022 at 04:37
added 
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2022 at 08:23
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

added 
thanks
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2022 at 10:39
Originally posted by bardberic bardberic wrote:

added 
thanks

Please do not thank me every time a band you suggest is accepted. It's not like I'm doing you a favor TBH. It's not like that. 
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2022 at 12:44

Originally posted by bardberic bardberic wrote:

added 
thanks

Please do not thank me every time a band you suggest is accepted. It's not like I'm doing you a favor TBH. It's not like that. 

Okay; I'm just acknowledging that I got the message.
 Post Reply Post Reply