Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Light for Symphonic Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Light for Symphonic Prog
    Posted: June 30 2022 at 03:51
Hi !
As we told me to do, I suggest my band Light Smile

Logo :

Bio :
Light started in 2008, when Camile De Carvalho discovered prog rock. As a classical trained
musician, this music inspired by classical music was like some fresh air, but was at the same time
frustrating : mostly no violins, no wind instruments, only guitars, keyboards, drums and sometimes
another instrument treated as an oddity.
The aim of Light was to change that and have a full orchestra, with independent instruments,
playing with modern instruments.
As finding a full orchestra is hard for a 16 years old, Camille began to collect and learn how to play
as much instruments as he could, relying on studio recording to create a full orchestra.
13 years later, Camille plays more than 100 instruments and has found many people that wanted to
join the project. In total, Light is composed of 9 main members and 15 additional musicians coming from different worlds, like
doom metal, stoner, psychedelic music, opera, classical or jazz.
Each one bring their own style and influences, under Camille’s leadership : everything is written on
sheets but can be adapted if the musician has a better idea and finally, their first album The Path is
finished.

Link to the public tracks :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XjcBYroUbA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIsWyixTp2M

Full album (not public yet) : https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/azkoV

The band's social media :

Edited by Light - July 01 2022 at 03:13
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2022 at 03:10
I sent this to our team, see what my teammates thinks of this.
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Light View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2022 at 03:14
Thanks ! I just updated the youtube videos so I changed the link and added another track I just published
 Post Reply Post Reply