Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KINGS X

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KINGS X
    Posted: July 01 2022 at 15:17
This is band is totally underrated and may be the greatest hard rock band ever.  There is soul, emotion and extreme musicianship here if one wants to find it.  I HOPE YOU DO.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2022 at 15:33
King's X is one of my favorite bands, for over thirty years now! I can't wait for the long-awaited new album!

maxsmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2022 at 15:41
This band paid their dues in spades and are still paying them. 

Edited by maxsmusic - July 03 2022 at 05:08
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2022 at 16:26
Originally posted by maxsmusic maxsmusic wrote:

This band paid their dues in spades and are still paying them.  They play clubs as people don't want to see great music and only a select few know about this band.  They are probably the greatest band that ever played with total emotion.  This includes lame bands like The Rolling Stones and the Beatles.  They played to sh*t and people who think that is art are dumb. POP bands tend to suck.  I like Gentle Giant.  Nuff said.

I was somewhat familiar with King's X and was looking into the band's music as I'm ever liking to expand my palette, but my enthusiasm was deflated with your commentary on The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and their audiences. And I like Gentle Giant too. Bigging up music and art while putting down others isn't a strategy that I find endearing,
theultimateprogressiveartexperimentalmusicresource.org: the ultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource dot org
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2022 at 17:03
This is one incredible clip! Check out the user comments.

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2022 at 17:13
I've never owned any of their albums but I saw them in concert once and they were great. 
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2022 at 17:38
I love Kings X as well and have for a while but I love the Beatles too so don’t be calling them lame.

The Stones were ok but never a favorite but once again no need to degrade other artists while bringing attention to one you love

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2022 at 06:33
Originally posted by maxsmusic maxsmusic wrote:

This band paid their dues in spades and are still paying them.  They play clubs as people don't want to see great music and only a select few know about this band.  They are probably the greatest band that ever played with total emotion.  This includes lame bands like The Rolling Stones and the Beatles.  They played to sh*t and people who think that is art are dumb. POP bands tend to suck.  I like Gentle Giant.  Nuff said.
Well you're entitled to your opinion but two of those bands you have mentioned are generally regarded as amongst the greatest of all time and the other one is Kings X, who every few people have heard of.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2022 at 06:48
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

King's X is one of my favorite bands, for over thirty years now! I can't wait for the long-awaited new album!

Album just added to the database:

Thumbs Up
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2022 at 08:10
Can't wait for the new album. I've been a fan since around 1990. One of the best bands that sadly few have heard of. They really should have broken through but never did.
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2022 at 11:28
Originally posted by Jeffro Jeffro wrote:

Can't wait for the new album. I've been a fan since around 1990. One of the best bands that sadly few have heard of. They really should have broken through but never did.

When Dogman came out, I thought it would finally be their hour. They got the opening slot on the Scorpions tour that year. Their performance at Woodstock was televised. The new video for "Dogman" was on regular rotation. Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament openly praised them in print, saying their "next album" (which became Dogman) would "be appreciated."

Unfortunately, the seas didn't part for the one of the best bands out there. Ear Candy came out and that's another killer album, but the buzz around it wasn't as strong.

Btw, do you like KXM (dUg Pinnick, George Lynch, Ray Luzier)? Three albums. They've got some killer songs!
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2022 at 11:31
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up Nice! It's still two months away, durnit.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2022 at 15:39

Btw, do you like KXM (dUg Pinnick, George Lynch, Ray Luzier)? Three albums. They've got some killer songs!

I've sampled some of KXM but it didn't really grab me. I'll give them another go. 

I definitely more of a fan of Ty's other projects and solo stuff than Dug's.
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2022 at 16:10
I am a fan. I have seen them a few times --- foe Out of the Silent Planet, Gretchen. And Tapehead. Liked their last two albums, which had harder sound to them. Looking forward to the new album. Doubt they will be playing anywhere close to where I live, but would like to see them live. Impressive that Dug is still going strong at age 71.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2022 at 18:27
Originally posted by Jeffro Jeffro wrote:

I've sampled some of KXM but it didn't really grab me. I'll give them another go. 

I definitely more of a fan of Ty's other projects and solo stuff than Dug's.

KXM didn't grab me with their first one. But then I sampled some songs from the second that were much closer to the King's X sound. George's solos are his best since his Dokken heyday.
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 01:19
A good band ! I've got a best-of of King's X and a CD by Ty Tabor.
But I don't think they are one of the best bands in the hard-rock/heavy-metal history (only one album is mentioned in the anthologies of this style of music).

Edited by PhideauxFan - July 03 2022 at 01:20
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 01:39
well they're no Planet X

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
maxsmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 05:11
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

Thumbs Up

Sacrifice to make holy
maxsmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 05:14
I realize art is totally subjective and we all have views that may offend others.  I was too emotional at the time of that post.  I don't really dislike pop bands, I just find them to be irrelevant to my life.  Others may worship them like they are gods. To each his own.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 10:54
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

well they're no Planet X

Er, okay? Planet X and King's X are poles apart. Are we going to compare Pink Floyd and Return to Forever next?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>