Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KINGS X

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2022 at 18:09
Originally posted by Necrotica Necrotica wrote:

Also, some of their later work is really underrated. I was surprised at much I enjoyed Please Come Home Mr. Bulbous in particular, especially the lovely ballad She's Gone Away

Bulbous is great. Loved it from the first listen
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2022 at 10:42
I thoroughly recommend any King’s X fan to get hold of the biography, which is put together from interviews with the band, managers, etc and also other musicians.

I had no idea that they were seen as a massive influence on the grunge scene, with the likes of Pearl Jam citing how much they loved them. And then I went for a “King’s X” run this morning and realised I was listening to a band that sounded quite similar to Soundgarden….
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2022 at 05:52
Thoroughly enjoying the new album, still such a great band, such a shame the tour got postponed again😑
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2022 at 05:59
Originally posted by Necrotica Necrotica wrote:

Also, some of their later work is really underrated. I was surprised at much I enjoyed Please Come Home Mr. Bulbous in particular, especially the lovely ballad She's Gone Away

that's a great album and great song you mentioned here. 

The new album is great, happy King's X are back. 
Also ty Tabor released a new album recently, also a solid release. 

maxsmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxsmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2022 at 11:14
The reason I really listen to bands that go against the mainstream is due to fact they forge their own path and don't take sh*t from anybody.  This is KINGS X.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345