Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Unsigned Bands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yes And Genesis influenced music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LAWeiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yes And Genesis influenced music
    Posted: July 06 2022 at 18:58
If Genesis before wrote a new song it would be like The Saints by Funhouse Mirrors. Here is the new song played the first time live. They posted the link to the live performance on YouTube. https://youtu.be/UixAXcWJoFM Please comment about the song. ❤️☮️ To you all.
Fercandio46 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fercandio46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2023 at 23:50
It is true that the sound of the first Genesis is present, those guitars that Anthony Phillips invented, so pastoral, and Hackett would later elevate them to their maximum plenitude. But when it changes and speeds up I noticed Yes influences, even more so when the singing section began. Clap
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2023 at 07:48
Originally posted by LAWeiner LAWeiner wrote:

If Genesis before wrote a new song it would be like The Saints by Funhouse Mirrors. Here is the new song played the first time live. They posted the link to the live performance on YouTube. https://youtu.be/UixAXcWJoFM Please comment about the song. ❤️☮️ To you all.

HI,

This is sad ... all you can do is compare yourself to a couple of behemoths ... and hope that folks will give your material a listen.

I can understand influences and inspiration ... but in the end, this is about YOU not the influence or the inspiration and any idea of the previous folks would be mired, mostly, in the ears of the listeners.

With all the love and respect, I won't listen to this ... I like people that are not afraid to get up, do their poem, do their music, do their novel ... and not worry about an audience, that you think will like what you do because it has some sounding parts that are reminiscent of the old guard.

If you want to make a mark in the music, the old guard has to go. Plain and simple. I don't have to ask you to go start studying art history (music, literature and painting) in order to learn something about being YOURSELF, and a lot less of somebody else. Even being subjected to religious themes and idea as the Renaissance was, would not be as bad ... in my book, specially at the time, though today this would be laughed at so hard and ignored.

The very best of luck. I know how hard it is to even get one person to listen, and the other post about three Argentinian bands has been completely ignored by the folks at PA ... sadly enough, to give you an idea.

BTW, both of you ... welcome to the board. Clap

Edited by moshkito - November 04 2023 at 07:50
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2023 at 07:59
"With all the love and respect"

LOLLOLLOL
Tales from the sky View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tales from the sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2023 at 18:21
For fans of Dream theater, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Gentle giant, Periphery, Pain of salvation and more...
here is our facebook, Bandcamp and youtube page
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100065737413058
https://talesfromthesky.bandcamp.com/album/in-the-world-of-krimus 
Good listening ! my friends also available on spotify youtube and other streaming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igzFdE_2oEU&list=PLnJKrgb0-xDP-_bLc6mKjPU_FK-DrK1iL 
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2023 at 12:03
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by LAWeiner LAWeiner wrote:

HI,

This is sad ... all you can do is compare yourself to a couple of behemoths ... and hope that folks will give your material a listen.

I can understand influences and inspiration ... but in the end, this is about YOU not the influence or the inspiration and any idea of the previous folks would be mired, mostly, in the ears of the listeners.

With all the love and respect, I won't listen to this ... I like people that are not afraid to get up, do their poem, do their music, do their novel ... and not worry about an audience, that you think will like what you do because it has some sounding parts that are reminiscent of the old guard.

If you want to make a mark in the music, the old guard has to go. Plain and simple. I don't have to ask you to go start studying art history (music, literature and painting) in order to learn something about being YOURSELF, and a lot less of somebody else. Even being subjected to religious themes and idea as the Renaissance was, would not be as bad ... in my book, specially at the time, though today this would be laughed at so hard and ignored.

The very best of luck. I know how hard it is to even get one person to listen, and the other post about three Argentinian bands has been completely ignored by the folks at PA ... sadly enough, to give you an idea.

BTW, both of you ... welcome to the board. Clap

Wow dude, rather brutal. Just because they want people to know the influences of their music and what their music may sound like... Really? These are young guys making music of a particular genre. That genre is EXTREMELY wide currently. I was drawn into their post by their description... it may stink, it may not. But having listened, I'm pretty much on their fanwagon. So ease up man, and leave the door open to youngsters who are just starting out and getting into it....

Edited by Progkast - December 22 2023 at 00:33
https://www.soundcloud.com/progkast
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2023 at 23:09
I'd go lightly on them!  I'm heavily influenced by Bob Fripp on guitar and Chris Squire on bass, and it certainly comes through in my own music.  I've even had people tell me "You sound just like Chris Squire!" Sleepy

I'm not TRYING to sound like him, but my music comes out that way.  Other bassists who influence me include Greg Lake (ELP), Ray Bennett (Flash) and Gary Strater (Starcastle), all masters of the plectrum-style bass guitar method.  

I'll gladly listen to the sound clip.  Here it is, on first listen, I like it! 

Edited by cstack3 - December 26 2023 at 23:14
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
 Post Reply Post Reply