Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Orphaned Land prog albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which of Orphaned Land's progressive albums do you prefer the most?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [60.00%]
2 [40.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orphaned Land prog albums
    Posted: July 23 2022 at 23:44
The Kiss of Babylon (The Sins)
Mabool (2004)

The Parth, Pt. 1 - Treading Through Darkness
ORwarriOR (2010)

The Cave
UPaDM (2018)

Fore me it's ORwarriOR, by a long shot. I think it's on of the greatest progressive albums ever made, nearing perfection - if only OL would continue making albums in that style, they would be incredible. The only reason I do not classify this album as a masterpiece is because of the opening track "Sapari," which is one of their weaker efforts, but I guess they needed a radio-friendly pop song to promote the album... this acoustic version is more interesting than the album version; speaking of which, it's about time they release an acoustic album.

Edited by bardberic - July 23 2022 at 23:52
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2022 at 02:41
Mabool is certainly their best...

as a matter of interest:

Metal Storm:
Mabool: 8.9 / ORWarriOR 8.4 / All Is One 8.3 / Unsung 8.1 
PA:
Mabool: 4.08 / ORWarriOR 3.87 / All Is One 3.62 / Unsung 3.89

Mabool is still considered the strongest offering from both a Prog and a metal standpoint...

Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2022 at 03:50
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

Mabool is certainly their best...

as a matter of interest:

Metal Storm:
Mabool: 8.9 / ORWarriOR 8.4 / All Is One 8.3 / Unsung 8.1 
PA:
Mabool: 4.08 / ORWarriOR 3.87 / All Is One 3.62 / Unsung 3.89

Mabool is still considered the strongest offering from both a Prog and a metal standpoint...

Who cares about other people's ratings for how they themselves should perceive the release? It's the most accessible album, so those who are unfamiliar with the band will find it more immediately gratifying. There's no objective "strongest." I personally find the beginning of Mabool to drag on and meander too much, and the production of the album leaves a lot to be desired.

Edited by bardberic - July 24 2022 at 03:58
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2022 at 03:59
Originally posted by bardberic bardberic wrote:

Who cares what other people's ratings in the way for how they themselves should perceive the release? It's the most accessible album, so those who are unfamiliar with the band will find it more immediately gratifying. There's no objective "strongest." I personally find the beginning of Mabool to drag on and meander too much, and the production of the album leaves a lot to be desired.

Well, I think you are dismissing the overall views of a couple of thousand metal and prog fans, with that attitude.

Don't worry, I shan't trouble you with my thoughts any longer...
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2022 at 06:25
Mabool and it's not close.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
EduTatsumi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EduTatsumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2022 at 11:48
Mabool
 Post Reply Post Reply