Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

StormbounD for Progressive Metal (Rejected)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: StormbounD for Progressive Metal (Rejected)
    Posted: August 10 2022 at 12:33
Bio:

StormbounD is a freshly brewed metal band straight out of Tel Aviv, Israel. They combine symphonic and progressive metal with power metal, industrial metal, and folk metal to create a harmonious and theatrical experience. Recording between 2021 and 2022, they released their debut album, December, in August 2022, after having played various shows and in several concerts throughout Israel, hoping to make their mark on the Israeli metal scene. The band claims that they "will carry you everywhere from the angelic to the diabolic, from the joyous harmony to the sheer loneliness, and from the beauty to the beast."

StormbounD formed in 2017 by bassist Pavel Kleiman and guitarist/vocalist Ofer Friedman. Ofer's wife, guitarist Shani Friedman, was the next join along with drummer Yuval Partush, keyboardist Rotem Sadia, and lead singer Yael Horwitz.

Edited by bardberic - August 17 2022 at 19:03
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2022 at 12:42
Please try and find/write a bio or at least some more information on the band. 
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2022 at 13:02
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Please try and find/write a bio or at least some more information on the band. 

I did write the bio. I did this the same way I've done every other band.

This is all the info I have sorry

Edited by bardberic - August 10 2022 at 13:05
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2022 at 14:01
^ ok, thanks for their official site link, I'll compile a bio if or when they get to be added. 
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2022 at 19:33
Updated the bio.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2022 at 03:38
sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's a no for these guys. 
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2022 at 18:51
While I'm not challenging this verdict as this band is borderline (frankly, I thought it was a 50/50 chance of admission, and other teams may have accepted them, hypothetically), I still don't understand how Nightwish can make it on to this site but not StormbounD... the addition of Nightwish did really lower the bar for what is considered prog here, and it almost seems like a slap in the face for other artists who are rejected now.
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2022 at 19:18
Originally posted by bardberic bardberic wrote:

While I'm not challenging this verdict as this band is borderline (frankly, I thought it was a 50/50 chance of admission, and other teams may have accepted them, hypothetically), I still don't understand how Nightwish can make it on to this site but not StormbounD... the addition of Nightwish did really lower the bar for what is considered prog here, and it almost seems like a slap in the face for other artists who are rejected now.

That's because Nightwish was accepted well before any of the current prog metal collabs were on the team. Believe me, I think the Nightwish inclusion is completely ridiculous as well... probably one of the weirdest decisions the PM team ever made LOL So yeah, if Nightwish were evaluated today, I would have given them an immediate "no". 

Edited by Necrotica - August 17 2022 at 19:24
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2022 at 00:10
Originally posted by Necrotica Necrotica wrote:

That's because Nightwish was accepted well before any of the current prog metal collabs were on the team. Believe me, I think the Nightwish inclusion is completely ridiculous as well... probably one of the weirdest decisions the PM team ever made LOL So yeah, if Nightwish were evaluated today, I would have given them an immediate "no". 

^ Likewise. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Nightwish were unanimously rejected, were they to come to us as a submission, today. In terms of David’s pursuit of a “definition” or prog, this is one more indication why it’s a lost cause. There is no consensus, and never will be, on what is or isn’t prog. There’s not one definition that everyone agrees upon - and even if there were, no one would ever agree where the “borders” are. Nightwish, to me, are an immediate and straightforward “no”, but obviously at some point in the past they were considered by someone to be prog “enough”. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2022 at 00:33
Back around 2005-6 when bands were first being submitted, there was a school of thought, especially in the prog-metal sphere which said 'If we include Nightwish, then more traffic will be drawn to the site. If fans of Symph metal with knobs on were to listen to more progressive oriented metal, they might end up liking VDGG, whom they would never have come across otherwise.

This led to the inclusion of Epica, Rhapsody, Therion, Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden and a number of other mainstream acts which not only caused wicked little hair-pulling fights at the time but over 15 years of 'Why have X been rejected if Nightwish are on the site'... etc There had been a number of discussions about purging the site of such bands, but the policy was (I don't know whether it still is) that once a band has been added, then they can't be deleted...
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2022 at 00:46
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

Back around 2005-6 when bands were first being submitted, there was a school of thought, especially in the prog-metal sphere which said 'If we include Nightwish, then more traffic will be drawn to the site. If fans of Symph metal with knobs on were to listen to more progressive oriented metal, they might end up liking VDGG, whom they would never have come across otherwise.

This led to the inclusion of Epica, Rhapsody, Therion, Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden and a number of other mainstream acts which not only caused wicked little hair-pulling fights at the time but over 15 years of 'Why have X been rejected if Nightwish are on the site'... etc There had been a number of discussions about purging the site of such bands, but the policy was (I don't know whether it still is) that once a band has been added, then they can't be deleted...

To be fair, the whole symphonic/power/prog tightrope is a very tenuous one. On one hand, you have a band like Symphony X; they balance prog and power metal, but they clearly have enough of a prog slant to fit in with bands like Dream Theater and Shadow Gallery. But then you have bands like Kamelot and Blind Guardian, with which the lines are a lot more blurry. They still have those progressive elements, but the question is: how much prog influence will actually suffice? Personally I do think both bands fit into the site, especially Blind Guardian with albums like A Night at the Opera and Nightfall in Middle Earth; however, I can completely see why they might be rejected today as well. I think the Iron Maiden inclusion is fine, considering they're just in the prog-related category rather than full-fledged prog metal.

Also, maybe I'm experiencing the Mandela Effect, but I could have sworn some bands got deleted back then. At the very least, I seem to remember Katatonia getting taken off the site for quite some time, and then being reinstated after The Fall of Hearts came out. But then again, maybe I'm just misremembering LOL

Edited by Necrotica - August 18 2022 at 00:47
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2022 at 00:47

While I'm not challenging this verdict as this band is borderline (frankly, I thought it was a 50/50 chance of admission, and other teams may have accepted them, hypothetically), I still don't understand how Nightwish can make it on to this site but not StormbounD... the addition of Nightwish did really lower the bar for what is considered prog here, and it almost seems like a slap in the face for other artists who are rejected Deadnow.

I was sure you were gonna bring this up, so I will just tell you if Nightwish were to be suggested today, I believe they would not have much of a chance either. 

Edited by Cristi - February 25 2023 at 23:46
 Post Reply Post Reply