0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [62.50%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Favorite Pure Reason Revolution Epic
    Posted: August 11 2022 at 08:40
I love these guys, they aren't much technical (if any), but their blend of different textures works really well and it is definitely a very unique sounding band. 

As expected for progressive rock, they have a couple of epics, although far from the 10-20 minutes standard of some symphonic bands. Vote in which one is your favorite! Tongue
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2022 at 08:50
I've still yet to get back on the bike with these guys tbh; thought their debut was superb, but their 2nd and 3rd albums much less so... it's something I intend to remedy this year, but life just gets in the way of listening. I've gone for Bright Ambassadors thus far...
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2022 at 09:05
Bright.
Deadwing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2022 at 10:03
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

I've still yet to get back on the bike with these guys tbh; thought their debut was superb, but their 2nd and 3rd albums much less so... it's something I intend to remedy this year, but life just gets in the way of listening. I've gone for Bright Ambassadors thus far...

General opinion is that the newer albums aren't as good as their first one, but still a lot better than AVO and H&A. As for myself, I don't think their first album are that good, so I enjoyed more Eupnea (their best, imo) and Above Cirrus.
earlyprog View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Neo / PSIKE / Heavy Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlyprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2022 at 10:42
A favorite band of mine since their debut.

When they are good, they are really extremely good, IMO. 

Love their modern take on space rock such as on Silent Genesis, which gets my vote.

I'm afraid their '22 output 'Above Cirrus' is not as great as their previous releases. But it's a grower so who knows...and relistening Scream Sideways I must admit it's a really great track!

Eupnea was in second place on my album of the year 2020 list. Can't remember where their debut was but it would have been high on my AOTY 2006. Never really got into Amor and Hammer...
Deadwing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2022 at 15:03
If I rank the tracks, it would be something like this:

Eupnea
Ghosts & Typhons
Scream Sideways
Arrival / Intention Craft
Silent Genesis
New Kind of Evil
Bright Ambassadors
The Gloaming
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2022 at 15:34
The Bright Ambassadors of Morning (The Dark Third) - 11:57
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2022 at 18:23
I'm not really familiar with this band, though I like what I've heard. The Bright Ambassadors of Morning really impressed me though, so it gets my vote.
 Post Reply Post Reply