Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Magma Live at Bobino 1981

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magma Live at Bobino 1981
    Posted: August 17 2022 at 06:07
Friede and I discovered this Magma video yesterday:

it shows the whole concert. the introduction is in the dark before the lights get on. wow, what a hot chick Stella Vander was back then!

some really weird stuff happening on stage. for example: for "Zëss" both Stella Vander and Lisa Deluxe wear insect masks and Christian Vander wears wings. the video quality is not the best, but hey this was back in 1981.

a great performance no Magma fan should miss

Edited by BaldJean - August 17 2022 at 06:15

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
afaszfej View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afaszfej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2022 at 07:28
became probably one of my favorite magma recordings ever, even tho lower sound quality - but the tempo of ZËSS is the best version i have ever heard!!!!
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2022 at 09:15
Pretty cool recording. I look forward to seeing them again! Tongue
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2023 at 20:00
Love this performance!  I've seen parts of this show on YouTube before in lesser picture quality so it's nice to have the whole thing available in one place now.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2023 at 08:30
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

for "Zëss" both Stella Vander and Lisa Deluxe wear insect masks and Christian Vander wears wings. 

Hi,

What magnificent performance that was ... awesome stuff!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply