Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R.I.P. Eric Bouillette

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.I.P. Eric Bouillette
    Posted: August 26 2022 at 11:58
Eric Bouillette multi-instrumentalists from Nine Skies, Nova Cascade, Drifting Sun, Solace Supplice & many other guest appearances was killed in a car accident according to sources, R.I.P.
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2022 at 13:40
Your sources are wrong. He died from cancer. RIP, indeed. Even though it was expected, and even though he was essentially living in borrowed time, his death still came as a horrible shock. He was a wonderful person, and a wonderful musician. He will be missed by many.

Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2022 at 16:45
Sad news indeed. May he Rest In Peace. My condolences to his family.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2022 at 18:40
I'm still sad, thanks for clarifying, he never told me anything about his cancer when we chatted 
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2022 at 01:21
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

I'm still sad, thanks for clarifying, he never told me anything about his cancer when we chatted 
He told very few people. I never asked why, but I assume it was because he didn’t want people to feel sorry for him, or for it to be what people thought of, when they thought of him. There was also the possibility that he simply didn’t want to talk about it, so I never really talked about it, apart from obliquely. This is why my review for Solace Supplice was worded in the way it was, addressing the fact that there may never be another, while not revealing why that might be the case. Right to the end, Eric lived through his passion for music, and I think it might have been this that kept him going as long as he did. He continued to compose and perform music, even though he was in incredible and unimaginable pain.I believe the last things he recorded were for the upcoming Nova Cascade album. It will be weird listening to that, as it won’t come out until next year. Eric has certainly ensure his spirit will live on. ❤️

Edited by nick_h_nz - August 27 2022 at 01:22
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2022 at 15:39
RIP
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Scorpiomoon View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpiomoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2023 at 08:34
I am new to this forum but was a close friend of Eric's. I am listening to the new album Tribute to Eric Bouillette – Songs for an Angel, Volume one at the moment and it has made me both smile and cry. It's a lovely tribute to Eric and shows how loved and cherished he was. It also shows how he inspired people to create such amazing music. It's been 6 months since we lost him but some days it feels like yesterday.....
 Post Reply Post Reply