Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Close to the Edge turns 50!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2022 at 09:50
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

With painful honesty, I have tried Close To The Edge and have found I don't appreciate it all that much. I prefer The Yes Album and Fragile much more.

I have also tried many times but I get nothing (apart from a slight headache 😉)

Rabin era for me, oh yes!
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2022 at 14:09
Originally posted by essexboyinwales essexboyinwales wrote:

With painful honesty, I have tried Close To The Edge and have found I don't appreciate it all that much. I prefer The Yes Album and Fragile much more.

You know you can be banned from this site for this kind of blasphemy .
 Repent now Sinner!! LOLLOLLOL
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2022 at 14:38
Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

Originally posted by essexboyinwales essexboyinwales wrote:

You know you can be banned from this site for this kind of blasphemy .
 Repent now Sinner!! LOLLOLLOL

I'm in that boat, thank god it's not Cruise to the Edge... Close to the Edge never really clicked with me beyond the title track, and I've been trying it for about 35 years. I far, far prefer The Yes Album and Fragile. And to mention an album by one not in PA by an artist that I was turned onto by a fellow poster, I far prefer Lingua Ignota's 2021 album Sinner Get Ready. I guess this sinner now should get ready to ban myself or Repent Now Confess Now. This sinner won't repent, but I will confess that were I to buy into the kind of close-minded, edgy, overrated, underrated postulating that some profess, Close to the Edge would be overrated by my reckoning, and thrown over the ledge. :)

Edited by Logan - September 21 2022 at 14:45
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2022 at 15:28
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

So if Yes broke up after Close To The Edge never to reform, how well known would they be these days? Would they still be remembered or almost completely forgotten. Just wondering.
If Yes broke up, that would be the end of Earth. Smile
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2022 at 16:03
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

So if Yes broke up after Close To The Edge never to reform, how well known would they be these days? Would they still be remembered or almost completely forgotten. Just wondering.
If Yes broke up, that would be the end of Earth. Smile

Maybe for many on here but I doubt the rest of the world would even notice.WinkLOL
Pedro724 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2022 at 01:29
CTTE was my first Yes album and remains my favourite too. At similar age [teens] i heard this thru a friend then backed up the catalogue then progressed onto TalesFTO. Was devouring this stuff [plus Floyd, ELP, Traffic etc] voraciously having escaped by big sis’s Tamla Motown grip. 

Too many nested IFs
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2022 at 19:11
Love the Yes Album and Close to the Edge but have never really taken to the disjointed feel of Fragile.  
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123