Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steve Hillage band UK tour 2023

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steve Hillage band UK tour 2023
    Posted: September 10 2022 at 16:30
UK guitar virtuoso Steve Hillage has announced a run of brand new UK tour dates for March and April next year.

The dates has been planned for last year but were then postponed. Support for the dates will come from The Utopia Strong, whose Kavus Torabi forms part of Hillage's backing band, along with his Gong counterparts Dave Sturt (bass), Fabio Golfetti (guitar, glissando guitar, vocals), Cheb Nettles (drums, vocals), Ian East (sax, flute).

Hillage has recently released The Glastonbury Experience (Live 1979), a newly restored CD and double vinyl album from the year Hillage headlined the event on the Friday evening.

Steve Hillage 2023 tour dates:

Mar21: Cambridge The Junction

Mar 22: Norwich Epic Studios

Mar 23: Newcastle University

Mar 24: Nottingham Rock City

Mar 25: Manchester O2 Ritz

Mar 26: Glasgow SWG3

Mar 28: Southampton The 1865

Mar 29: Exeter Phoenix

Mar 30: Bristol O2 Academy

Mar 31: Birmingham O2 Institute

Apr 1: London O2 Forum Kentish Town

Apr 2: Brighton Concorde 2

Rick1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 09:02
I may well go!  First saw Hillage in 78 (with National Health supporting), then twice in 79 and then he disappeared!  Had to wait until 1991 when I saw he was appearing with The Orb at Brixton Fridge.  Strange night - as you got nearer the stage you saw more and more what appeared to be Hillage fans - his first live appearance in a long time.  Then came System 7 but glad he is doing this again.
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2022 at 15:56
i saw him back in 79 then i think he just wanted to be a producer for a bit. Saw him with Gong when they (kind of) reformed and he did a solo set as support which was the first time he'd done any of his old stuff and it went down a storm. Saw him twice before Covid (London & Bristol) and it was stonking! Had tickets for Exeter which was cancelled due to Covid and i thought that would be it but now he's rescheduled i'm over the moon!

Post Reply Post Reply