Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolver goes Deluxe in October

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Revolver goes Deluxe in October
    Posted: September 17 2022 at 09:32
Set to release in physical and digital formats October 28. Giles Martin in charge of compilation and remix.

Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2022 at 14:17
The Re-mixed, re-released, etc fenomenal seems to find no end.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2022 at 16:47
Thank God it's being re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-released again, I thought it had been forgotten about sheesh!! 
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2022 at 02:15
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Thank God it's being re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-released again, I thought it had been forgotten about sheesh!! 

If any other band re-released an album, you'd be fine with it, but if  a band you hate does it, how dare they, right? Ermm
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2022 at 02:39
Because this is my favourite Beatles' album ... Unhappy
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2022 at 03:54
I've heard the version of Taxman from this release and it didn't sound all that different. Looking forward to the rest of it though, this is their best album.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2022 at 06:08
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

If any other band re-released an album, you'd be fine with it, but if  a band you hate does it, how dare they, right? Ermm
The vinyl will be aged in 1000 year old oak barrels. The audiophile fairies will sprinkle magic dust in the barrels every hour. The record will be pressed at the famous Snob House on the remote island of I'm Better Than You.
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2022 at 08:52
There are just two remixes, 2009's and this one, I'd say it's not the end of the world. The results, of course, are yet to be heard.
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2022 at 16:21
This time around, Martin used a "demixing" AI developed by Peter Jackson's audio team for the Get Back series. This new gadget can recognize and isolate one particular voice or instrument (even one sharing the same track with others) in order to handle it separately.

Read it here: https://ultimateclassicrock.com/peter-jackson-beatles-revolve/
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2022 at 18:06
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

The vinyl will be aged in 1000 year old oak barrels. The audiophile fairies will sprinkle magic dust in the barrels every hour. The record will be pressed at the famous Snob House on the remote island of I'm Better Than You.

Cash cows are there to be milked and it's only fair that this album should be taken to the milking shed. This is where the Beatles really put the progressive into pop so it deserves a good milking. Whether it's worth it remains to be seen and given that the stereo mix and the mono mix get separate discs all to themselves, I'd prefer to just get the 2 disc edition with highlights from the outtakes discs.

I don't know how much value is there, but those who want to splurge can do so to their hearts content. It will look good up on the shelf with all the other special edition box sets that hardly ever get played.

Edited by Hugh Manatee - September 20 2022 at 18:07
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2022 at 23:08
These reissues have a purpose. Firstly, the 50-60 year old legendary albums needs an excuse to create some extra buzz once a decade or so. Otherwise they will mostly just be remembered and listened to by those who already know it.

-Kids and teenagers won't buy this deluxe box, but some will get to know the latest remix on Spotify. And it will probably sound better to them than the previously available version would. I suppose it's shame, but that's just how it is. A 1960's band that has never remastered music files from back in the day of up on streaming services, will probably come across as weak and wimpish to newbies that has discovered updated versions of some of the classics of the era. All this said, personally I'm more than pleased with my old Revolver LP bought second hand, and will stick to that. But if I'm DJ'ing, I might be curious to check out if a newly remixed Tomorrow Never Knows pack a bigger punch than the one I know and got - or just how much, really.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2022 at 23:29

I don't have all reissues of every Pink Floyd, Yes, LZ, PG, Miles Davis...or Rush. Because some of these are a simple money grab. In many cases the metal work for these newer reissues are the same metal work from a reissue of say 10yrs ago.....Only difference is record/LP prices have appreciated due to demand, "so lets do it again!"
People need to better understand the whole world of "reissues/remasters..."
TheNefariousHED View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNefariousHED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 06:51
The lack of Blu-ray with 5.1 sound means we aren't buying the full box set. I will get the 2CD stereo remix with the extra tracks. It's frankly sad they aren't including a Blu-ray with this release. Giles seemed to distance himself from that decision on social media.

Post Reply Post Reply