Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Return Of Emerson Lake & Palmer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Return Of Emerson Lake & Palmer
    Posted: September 20 2022 at 09:51
I was only made aware of the press release that came out Tuesday 6, 2022.

For Immediate Release Tue Sept 6, 2022 WELCOME BACK MY FRIENDS: THE RETURN OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Sole surviving member Carl Palmer, in association with the Estates of his bandmates Keith Emerson & Greg Lake, has announced the much anticipated WELCOME BACK MY FRIENDS- THE RETURN OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER Tour. Launching on Friday November 18th, 2022 at the 2300 ARENA in Philadelphia, PA, the tour will actually reunite ELP LIVE ON STAGE through modern technology. 

After exploring the idea of a Hologram tour in detail, Palmer (with the Estates of Emerson and Lake) opted for what they felt was a more honest approach using live footage of Keith and Greg on massive video walls alongside Carl (and his band) playing LIVE on stage. The voice and instrumentation of Greg Lake and the unmistakable keyboard mastery of Keith Emerson will be mixed with Palmer’s onstage live drumming to magically reunite ELP once again. Paul McCartney's duet with John Lennon at the end of his recent Got Back tour is a good idea of what ELP fans can expect from this show. 

Emerson and Lake passed away nine months apart in 2016, leaving Palmer to carry on the band’s enormous musical legacy. “About five years ago I explored the idea of trying to reunite the band using digital holograms,” said Carl Palmer. “We saw a few shows of other artists but it did not seem like an honest approach. Then we realized the film we made of ELP’s sold out run at London’s Royal Albert Hall in 1992 had everything we needed. We were able to use just the camera shots of Keith and Greg, with the sterling audio tracks of their performances resulting in a combination of film and onstage performance that brings back the magic of ELP.” 

Here is what music fans can expect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2pYeyJCykc

After establishing themselves in bands such as The Nice, King Crimson, and The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, ELP was formed in early 1970 as one of rock’s first (and biggest) supergroups. With record sales of over 50 million and decades of sold out tours through the 1970s and again in the 1990s, Emerson Lake & Palmer has remained one of the best-selling classic rock bands of all time. The band’s complete recorded catalog, now under the direction and distribution of BMG MUSIC, continues to be a steady force on the international music scene. The tour will coincide with the new BMG box set of classic ELP hit singles pressed on vinyl with reproductions of the original picture sleeves. 

The tour is being launched with the full approval of the Emerson and Lake Estates, as well as the various managers who have represented the members of the band. WELCOME BACK MY FRIENDS - THE RETURN OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER will start in the US during Fall 2022 and eventually play all over the world where ELP toured throughout its career. 

TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2022 

TICKETS & INFORMATION AVAILABLE AT: 

OR

WATCH FOR MORE DATES TO COME
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2022 at 10:36
Old news, in fact there is another thread already discussing it. Although I can't remember which forum it was in.
Thanks anyway.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2022 at 12:15
hologram gigs? on the verge of ridiculous
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2022 at 09:40
I have mixed feeling about this. On one hand, I'd love to see Keith and Greg again, and the concept is quite interesting and somewhat attractive. On the other hand, I feel we should let them rest in peace, and without forgetting them, humbly look for other veins to make the music grow and progress.  
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 02:39
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Old news, in fact there is another thread already discussing it. Although I can't remember which forum it was in.
Thanks anyway.

Appears I didn't try that hard to find the thread in question Embarrassed

A lot of negativity on that thread for sure. I don't see that its a terrible idea, just using modern technology to create a more interesting interactive experience. I'm pretty bored with watching the same 3 clips of ELP on YT , there is precious little in the way of good footage of ELP playing live at their peak. Its just bits and pieces and is mostly poor quality.

Post Reply Post Reply