Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to Post Live Links Using Google Chrome

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Post Live Links Using Google Chrome
    Posted: September 23 2022 at 02:59
I feel such a Wally for asking this, but I wonder if anyone knows how to post Live YouTube links using Google Chrome, because at the moment, if I copy and paste a link from YouTube, they all look like the dead Wally link below. Confused

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mCSoEsdBxrDUaIX4QMNWR-LnAc1EeBBrM

I've been using Internet Explorer 9 up to now to post all of my YouTube links, like the Live Wally link below. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - September 23 2022 at 03:02
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 05:05
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 05:06
I did the above using the Insert Hyperlink function, seems to work ok, although in the preview it said "YouTube refuses to connect".
I know some people are having problems with Chrome in general so maybe just stick to Edge?
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 06:31
Until recently, I had been using Chrome, but I felt it was slowing my PC down, so took it off. The problem I had was like your link above, I could post a live link, but couldn't edit it to give it proper meaning; as soon as I started deleting some of the text, I lost the link? I never worked out how to correct this. At least with Edge, not only can I post a live link in straight away, but it comes up with a rudimentary description of what I'm posting. If I want to take a word out, I can backspace and not lose the link... Thumbs Up 
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 09:54
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I did the above using the Insert Hyperlink function, seems to work ok, although in the preview it said "YouTube refuses to connect".
I know some people are having problems with Chrome in general so maybe just stick to Edge?
Thanks, but where do I find the Insert Hyperlink function? Confused
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 09:58
^ It's the little world globe next to the smiley face.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 10:39
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

^ It's the little world globe next to the smiley face.

[/QUOTE]
Okay, thanks. I never realised the hyperlink function was right there in front of my eyes all the time. Geek

I'll try it now with my Wally album link.....

Hey, it works! Thumbs Up

That'll save me having to use Internet Explorer 9 all the time, which is painfully slow compared to Google Chrome. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 10:44
^ Oh deary me! This isn't going well at all.  I just tried clicking on the two hyper-links above and it said "This site can't be reached" in both cases. Maybe I should go back to using Internet Explorer 9. At least it was reliable, even if it's a little slow, like me. Confused
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 10:52
^ When you paste the link address into the address box, you have to delete the "http://" or "https://" that is at the start of the link address and adjust the drop-down box accordingly.

Edited by I prophesy disaster - September 23 2022 at 10:57
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 10:59
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

^ When you paste the link address into the address box, you have to delete the "http://" or "https://" that is at the start of the link address and adjust the drop-down box accordingly.

Okay, I'll give it another try. Here we go.....

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 11:04
^ That's great! My Nightwish link actually works this time. Thanks for everyone's help. It also means I can use my super-fast new laptop for posting links from now on instead of this cranky 16-year-old Acer Aspire laptop that I'm using now. Thumbs Up

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - September 23 2022 at 11:05
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 11:29
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

That'll save me having to use Internet Explorer 9 all the time, which is painfully slow compared to Google Chrome. 
IE9??!!!!

Edited by chopper - September 23 2022 at 11:30
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 11:52
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

IE9??!!!!
Yes, don't forget it's a 16-year-old laptop, which comes complete with an antique browser. Tongue
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 12:50
Paul that old Acer laptop must be running Windows XP. Mate, that's probably a bit risky using it online.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 12:55
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

Paul that old Acer laptop must be running Windows XP. Mate, that's probably a bit risky using it online.

Holy mother of all laptops, that's like an invitation for sarcasm. 
MUST REFRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 13:06
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

No, it's bang up to date with Windows 7 (invites more sarcasm). Big smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 13:08

That's outdated as well. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2022 at 13:12
^ I guessed it might be. Embarrassed
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2022 at 12:17
Thanks for everyone who came together here to show me the way to go with using Hyperlinks. My life is so much easier now. Thumbs Up Big smile

progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2022 at 15:37

If it means anything, I still have a 13-year old PC. It has Windows 10, so I'm 3 years and 1 operating system ahead of you. Tongue
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
 Post Reply Post Reply