Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acausal Intrusion for Tech/Extreme

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acausal Intrusion for Tech/Extreme
    Posted: October 14 2022 at 01:54
An American technical death metal duo, Acausal Intrusion are the vision of guitarist/bassist Nicholas Turner (aka Nythroth) and drummer/vocalist Jared Moran (aka Cave Ritual), formed in 2020. The prolific musicians (who play in a number of side projects as well as together in blackened metal bands Feral Lord and Burial Curse) perform an idiosyncratic and disorienting avant-garde death metal informed by jazz, progressive rock and doom, falling somewhere between Gorguts, Portal, Ad Nauseam, Howls of Ebb and Suffering Hour. Signed to I, Voidhanger Records, Acausal Intrusion released their debut, Nulitas, in 2021, with its follow-up, Seeping Evocation, arriving in 2022.

Adventurous listeners should beware, as everything from track titles to the band's name reference the mythology of the British-based Order of Nine Angles, a neo-Nazi Satanist group seeking to collapse society through misanthropic "accelerationism."

Edited by Gordy - November 13 2022 at 03:48
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2022 at 01:57
One of the most intriguing and unique sounds in tech/prog death metal today, it's just a shame their whole concept is tied to some of the most deranged of dodgy politics (the French black metal band Aosoth is another who bases their concept on O9A tripe, and interestingly enough the only far-right leaning death metal band I can think of are Cadaverous Condition). I haven't seen a single metal-themed outlet touch upon the rather on-the-nose references, but the band themselves glibly reference having their debut kicked off Bandcamp, dismissively referring to people "taking offense to some of the titles and thinking it to have ties to certain satanic cults." (their words, emphasis mine). 

Edited by Gordy - October 14 2022 at 01:59
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2022 at 02:15
Oh nice! We've actually been discussing these guys on my other site. I'll put them on Progfreak in a sec Smile
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2022 at 23:30
added
 Post Reply Post Reply