Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Atlantis: unique prog musical gimmick out now

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atlantis: unique prog musical gimmick out now
    Posted: October 14 2022 at 07:01
My first solo album "Atlantis" is out now. Give it a try! More info below the cover!

Bandcamp link:

https://andrasatlason.bandcamp.com/album/atlantis

Andras Atlason’s 2022 record “Atlantis” is a 12-track release inviting music, lithography and literature into an inter-civilizational dialogue between the Nordic and the Portuguese-speaking worlds. Half of the songs are based upon Nordic-language poems and half are based upon Portuguese-language poems, reflecting Atlason’s own split identity between his Faroese father and his Brazilian mother – both classical violinists.

On the threshold between art rock and folk music with a touch of jazz and progressive metal, the record moves in seconds from blast beats with oboes and clarinets to soft jazz piano, featuring also Greek bouzoukis, many violins, Hammond organs and synths – all accompanied by Atlason’s dramatic baritone voice.

Precisely this difficulty to define the record’s genre in text is the perfect invitation to the universe of its unique musical gimmick combined with the imagery of Faroese lithograph Marius Olsen, who signs the strikingly heavy front cover for the album and 12 other beautiful illustrations.

Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2022 at 17:25
Congratulations on your first CD. I will check it out for sure.
andras View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2022 at 09:26
Thanks a lot, Manuel! 100% self-financed work, most of it recorded and mixed in my bedroom. Looking forward to your comments!
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2022 at 09:28
Really well-done, Andras, thank you for sharing your work with us. Your voice has that undeniable stentorian Scott Walker/David Sylvian touch that's rare to see in prog!
andras View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2022 at 09:31
Thanks a lot for the feedback, Gordy!

Scott Walker is surely among my greatest inspirations.

I've also applied to be included as an artist in PA, help me out on that thread if any of you can!

I'd love to get this album reviewed here at some point. Cheers!
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2022 at 04:09
You already have my Yes vote representing the Eclectic team!
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2022 at 20:07
Originally posted by andras andras wrote:

Thanks a lot, Manuel! 100% self-financed work, most of it recorded and mixed in my bedroom. Looking forward to your comments!
I really like it. I wish I could have been part of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply