Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to suggest a VA album?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickcoxinha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to suggest a VA album?
    Posted: October 24 2022 at 12:24
Hi,

I have seen the procedure of suggesting new artists, but I'd like to suggest a VA album (which is a soundtrack of a movie) composed and played by various artists. I believe the procedure is a bit different, since there is no artist/bio involved

Best regards
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2022 at 13:48
^ In this case "suggesting new album" procedure isn't necessary.

The album should meet the Various Artists Policies, i.e.

• VA: Samplers Policy
    • Traditionally "Sampler" was a compilation album released by a record label to showcase the artists on their rosta.
    • In more recent times labels have released retrospective genre-themed collections, only albums that contain artists signed to a single label should be listed here, others should be listed under Concept Albums and Themed Compilations.
    • Only albums that contain tracks by Progressive artists listed in the Archive can be added.
    • If in doubt - consult a member of the Admin team before adding an album.
  • VA: Concept Albums and Themed Compilations Policy
    • Concept Albums are albums recorded by various artists based around a single concept or story
    • Themed compilations are collections of tracks based around a single theme, usually a genre or subgenre, such as "The Best of Progressive Rock", these differ from samplers when they contain artists from more than one record label. 
    • Only albums that contain tracks by Progressive artists listed in the Archive can be added.
  • VA: Tribute Album Policy
    • Tribute albums must contain tracks originally recorded by Progressive artists listed in the Archive.
    • The artists who recorded the cover versions do not have to be listed in the Archive.
    • Tributes to Proto-Prog and Prog-Related artists are not normally added.
    • Non-Rock tribute albums can only be added with the approval of the Admin team. 
If the album suits these rules (pay attention to the lines marked with red and blue) you, as any other registered member, can add it by yourself.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
mickcoxinha View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickcoxinha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2022 at 18:39
Thanks for the info. The album doesn't contain tracks from listed on the site, so I think it is useless to suggest it
 Post Reply Post Reply