Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cruise to the Edge 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cruise to the Edge 2024
    Posted: November 12 2022 at 06:45
I'm thinking of going for the 2024 edition. Who else here is interested in going? Lineup is looking good right now so far! Big smile
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2022 at 06:52
Without any big name acts (like Yes) in the lineup, I'm not even tempted anymore.

I went on the 2014 CTTE, and they had: Yes, Marillion, UK, Tangerine Dream, Steve Hacket (Genesis Revisited), Renaissance, Saga, PFM, Stick Men, Strawbs, Electric Asturias, and others. The 2024 cruise doesn't come close.
“I don’t like country music, but I don’t mean to denigrate those who do. And for those who like country music, denigrate means to ‘put down.'” – Bob Newhart
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2022 at 07:12
Originally posted by wiz_d_kidd wiz_d_kidd wrote:

Without any big name acts (like Yes) in the lineup, I'm not even tempted anymore.

I went on the 2014 CTTE, and they had: Yes, Marillion, UK, Tangerine Dream, Steve Hacket (Genesis Revisited), Renaissance, Saga, PFM, Stick Men, Strawbs, Electric Asturias, and others. The 2024 cruise doesn't come close.

They haven't even finish announcing all of the bands yet.. Plus, seeing Yes with Jon Davison doesn't really seem right to be honest with you. He's great, but after seeing Jon Anderson playing with those kids... That felt right.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2022 at 07:27
So they announced the lineup for 2024 when 2023 hasn't even happened yet? 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2022 at 07:59

Marillion and Steve Hackett aren't big names? There's also Big Big Train, The Flower Kings, PFM and Flying Colors who aren't exactly obscure in the world of prog either. 

Anyway, if it wasn't for the cost and the fact that I have food allergies (for lack of a better term) I would go. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - November 12 2022 at 08:05
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2022 at 08:16
The lineup so far is great enough for me

Marillion
Steve Hackett
Flying Colors
Big Big Train 
Adrian Belew
PFM
The Flower Kings
Martin Barre
Symphony X
Haken 
Airbag
Lonely Robot
Queensryche
Gryphon
Protocol 
Baraka

I'm really hesitating but from Spain the cost is very high Cry

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2022 at 15:55
I don't know Baraka but are they really on the same level as most of those other bands?
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2022 at 06:34
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Marillion and Steve Hackett aren't big names? There's also Big Big Train, The Flower Kings, PFM and Flying Colors who aren't exactly obscure in the world of prog either. 

Anyway, if it wasn't for the cost and the fact that I have food allergies (for lack of a better term) I would go. 

They are. When the announcement of the lineup first came out on their Facebook page, they weren't listed. I had assumed that the big-name headliner acts would be disclosed first, to catch peoples attention. They could have done a better job of disclosure.
“I don’t like country music, but I don’t mean to denigrate those who do. And for those who like country music, denigrate means to ‘put down.'” – Bob Newhart
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2022 at 10:30
My main problem is that I don't have a cabinmate for it yet...Cry
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2022 at 12:45
Looked at it the other day. My wife and I prefer balcony rooms, too spendy at about $5K for just the room. Plus I gotta fly to Miami from Seattle, there's another $800 minimum. Once I add up all the fees and food, drink and band shirts LOL....probably a $7K trip, for a Bahamas cruise?? Total pass.....Enjoy for those that do go. 
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2022 at 13:46
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Looked at it the other day. My wife and I prefer balcony rooms, too spendy at about $5K for just the room. Plus I gotta fly to Miami from Seattle, there's another $800 minimum. Once I add up all the fees and food, drink and band shirts LOL....probably a $7K trip, for a Bahamas cruise?? Total pass.....Enjoy for those that do go. 

Yeah... It is a lot for even a single male like me.... It is a lot more than the progressive rock festivals of the past...ConfusedOuch
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2022 at 14:58
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

Yeah... It is a lot for even a single male like me.... It is a lot more than the progressive rock festivals of the past...ConfusedOuch

Yup.....US Festival '83, Heavy Metal Sunday cost me $20 Shocked
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2022 at 16:46
Hey, nobody answered my question. What happened to 2023?

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - November 13 2022 at 16:46
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2022 at 01:48

2023 was cancelled.
TerLJack View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerLJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2022 at 08:49
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

2023 was cancelled.
What other major North American festivals can we look forward to in 2023? It doesn't seem that ROSfest has any info on 2023 either.  
The year I can finally work my work schedule around anything, I was looking forward to it!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2022 at 13:51

2023 was cancelled.

Do you know why?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2022 at 13:52
Originally posted by TerLJack TerLJack wrote:

2023 was cancelled.
What other major North American festivals can we look forward to in 2023? It doesn't seem that ROSfest has any info on 2023 either.  
The year I can finally work my work schedule around anything, I was looking forward to it!

That's probably because it's still a bit early. I'm sure something will pop up for next year. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2022 at 16:26

2023 was cancelled.

Do you know why?
...because prog suxs, it's stoooopid....Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2022 at 19:01

2023 was cancelled.

Do you know why?

Well, we all know that! That's why us dopes listen to it. Tongue
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2022 at 16:57

2023 was cancelled.

Do you know why?

Well, we all know that! That's why us dopes listen to it. Tongue

...word mi bro!!...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>