Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive Rock Quizzes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2022 at 17:05
I've been a member of that website for over 8 years, and have written my share of quizzes - though none on prog, at least so far. One of my friends, however, has written an excellent quiz on Steven Wilson, whose fan he is: https://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/Music/No-Man-Is-an-Island-404872.html

Anyway, if any of you is interested in writing quizzes on prog, you can register and write one, or as many as you like. I love that site, and spend most of my Internet time there. The guy who wrote the Genesis quiz is still an active member, and will be happy to know he's being mentioned on this forum.

Edited by Raff - November 15 2022 at 17:08
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2022 at 17:16
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

I've been a member of that website for over 8 years, and have written my share of quizzes - though none on prog, at least so far. One of my friends, however, has written an excellent quiz on Steven Wilson, whose fan he is: https://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/Music/No-Man-Is-an-Island-404872.html

Anyway, if any of you is interested in writing quizzes on prog, you can register and write one, or as many as you like. I love that site, and spend most of my Internet time there. The guy who wrote the Genesis quiz is still an active member, and will be happy to know he's being mentioned on this forum.
The Steven Wilson quiz is a real toughie! I only know one answer (Question 3) out of the ten, so No Man can do worse than I did. Tongue
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2022 at 17:33
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

The Steven Wilson quiz is a real toughie! I only know one answer (Question 3) out of the ten, so No Man can do worse than I did. Tongue

Scored 8 out of 10
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2022 at 17:49
I got 15 out of 20. I guessed on a few I think. On one I was going to say Neal Morse but he hasn't been in the band in such a long time I figured that wasn't the answer. Oh well.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - November 15 2022 at 17:51
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2022 at 18:16
Also got 11/20 with a lucky guess or two. 
Z
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2022 at 18:49
I score 12 out of the 20. Hard to know prog metal related questions, since I'm not into it, so I'm not familiar with the genre.
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2022 at 05:45

This Prog-Rock quiz is billed as being REALLY tough to ace. I scored 11 out of 20. How many will YOU score? Smile

Beware of Question 8 though, as this quiz was posted before YES released The Quest album in 2021. Wink

13/20, only knew 7 so my calculated guesses were quite good!!
Heaven is waiting but waiting is Hell
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2022 at 08:44
14/20. My guesses were Questions#:
6~Almost picked 5, but figured 7 was the obvious choice.
11~Have not listened to Explorers Club in years, picked DC.
12~Seemed logical James sang on that song
13~Thought I was right picking Parallels
16~Total brain fart...LOL
18~Don't listen to DDregs
19~Don't know who JColson is.

Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2022 at 10:14
12, but I'm a bit hampered by the fact that I don't listen to US bands except Spock's Beard much.
Every single guess was wrong!
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2022 at 10:37
 I got 13 right with a few lucky guesses. I would have had 14 but I was a dummy & clicked on the wrong box for one I knew. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2022 at 11:43
Originally posted by mellotronwave mellotronwave wrote:

The albums of Genesis:  15 albums and 15 questions:-

Scored 12 out of 15 on this quiz. Not as easy as I first thought. Confused

15/15

15/15 for me too. Thought this was pretty easy, and I’m not the biggest Genesis fan….
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2022 at 11:57
14 out of 15 on the Genesis quiz. I guessed "that's all" when the correct answer was "mama."
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2022 at 17:07
10 bands and 10 quizzes with 10 questions in each quiz.... 

Camel Madness Trivia Quiz. Will the answers be at your Fingertips or will you get the hump?

Emerson, Lake & Palmer Quiz. for Experts. Will you be a Lucky Man with top marks or will it be a case of C'est La Vie?

Genesis Trivia Quiz. Seconds Out for the second Genesis quiz.

Jethro Tull Quiz. Are you up-to-date with Jethro Tull or are you Living in the Past?

King Crimson - Prog-Rock Geniuses Quiz. Will you be a Crimson King or a lowly pawn?

Marillion Trivia Quiz. Don't Be Hard On Yourself if you don't do well in this quiz.

This Is The Moody Blues Trivia Quiz. It'd be Lovely To See You do well with these ten Questions.

Pink Floyd Quiz for Experts. I have High Hopes that Pink Floyd fans will ace this quiz.

Porcupine Tree Trivia Quiz. Time Flies when you're having fun and there's no fear of a blank scoresheet on this quiz.

The YES Progressive Rock Quiz. This should be relatively easy for YES fans, but Yours is No Disgrace if you don't get top marks. 

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 17 2022 at 00:33
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2022 at 17:16
Perfect score for Yes although Flash was really more of a Peter Banks project with Tony Kaye only being a guest member (or at least temporary- Tony told me this himself). 
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2022 at 00:06
very easy quiz for Marillion. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2022 at 04:35
My scores on the ten quizzes above:-

Camel :- Only 3 out of 10 Ouch - which leaves me Breathless! 
ELP:-  7 out of 10
Genesis:- 9 out of 10 - a ridiculously easy quiz for Genesis fans. Big smile
Jethro Tull:- Only 3 out of 10 again, although it was really tough. That's my excuse anyway. Embarrassed
King Crimson:- 8 out of 10
Marillion:- 6 out of 10 - not so easy for me. Wink
The Moody Blues:- 9 out of 10 - very very easy for Moody Blues fans, apart from Question 10.
Pink Floyd:- 7 out of 10
Porcupine Tree:- Only 4 out of 10 with three lucky guesses. Cry
YES:- 8 out of 10.

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 17 2022 at 04:38
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2022 at 05:39
15/15 on the Genesis quiz.
I should bloody well hope so, too.
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2022 at 05:43
Only 8/10 on Camel.
I must now go and commit ritual suicide in shame.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2022 at 05:44
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

Only 8/10 on Camel.
I must now go and commit ritual suicide in shame.
That's still much better than my measly 3/10 for the same quiz. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2022 at 06:04
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

very easy quiz for Marillion. 

Yep, took about 15 seconds😂
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>