Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

May I post reviews of singular live tapings?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epistel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: May I post reviews of singular live tapings?
    Posted: November 22 2022 at 10:07
Continuing with my obsession with live prog band albums and recordings. I am wondering if I may present reviews of underappreciated live recordings of Prog bands. As an example Jethro Tull - "Living In The Past", has the third side of the original vinyl album that includes only two songs, both of which were live recordings. I think I can bring a fresh perspective to recordings which may suffer undeserved opinions from fans.
I ask this apparently inane question because I have yet to see anyone review anything else other than entire albums. Due to the nature of the Prog ecosystem it is not unusual to find Prog band albums that contain a mix of both live and studio recordings. Many of these live recordings are worthy of having their own stories told and given proper recognition.
So, please let me know your opinion (good/or bad).

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2022 at 10:31
I think I speak for most users here when I say...Have at 'er !

I would suggest keeping those reviews to a thread and not the actual album reviews process.
And if you want to review individual live tracks...I'll offer up a few for you to do.

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2022 at 10:43
If reviewing on the album pages (under the act's discography) then one is expected to review and think about the whole release, and the rating should reflect on the whole release, but one can focus/ write more on particular aspects of the release than others, such as the live recordings. If referring to those tracks specifically, I do think it best to refer to the other tracks even briefly and write something of some substance about the rest of the album. Otherwise, as JD mentions, you can post your reviews in forum threads (I suggest one topic for the purpose). Create a topic on the subject for your multiple reviews (maybe in the blog section). Sounds like a good topic to me. Be interested to see what you come up with.

Edited by Logan - November 22 2022 at 11:18
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2022 at 13:06
Go for it!!! No harm in doing it, and you might give life to some unknown (or little known) videos.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2022 at 07:18
agree with Manuel^
 Post Reply Post Reply