Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pink Floyd - DSOTM 50th Anniversary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2023 at 20:24
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

I've never really understood the appeal of these deluxe, exorbitantly priced anniversary sets... there is obviously a market out there for baby-boomers with surplus cash to splash, but very few of them seem to be truly worth it.

Personally, I own the 'Oh By The Way' box set of their studio albums, into which I have incorporated the clothbound edition of 'The Endless River' and the recent Momentary Lapse remix (which may or may not stay) ... is there really any need for anything else?  Ermm

I'm in for any new rarities included as bonus... but for example, in this case, I believe the Wembley Concert should have been released separatley as a live album... even since the experience and immersion and so on sets. As for the Early Years and Later Years box sets, I believe they could succesfully released a few lost albums with the non-album tracks, as well as a few live albums, instead of just having a mess of tracks thrown in. And yes, they usually end up being too expensive, as if only the fans that can afford such things deserve to know the new music dusted out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12