Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Tull album "RökFlöte" to be released in April
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Tull album "RökFlöte" to be released in April

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Tull album "RökFlöte" to be released in April
    Posted: January 20 2023 at 03:20
A little birdy has informed my that the new Jethro Tull album will be called RökFlöte and will be released in April this year. I trust that it is true, if it is not, then I apologize!
tupan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2023 at 10:09
The new single is available:

"Prog is Not Dead and never has been." (Will Sergeant, from Echo And The Bunnymen)
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2023 at 15:32
Confirming the above. Details here:
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2023 at 15:53
Originally posted by tupan tupan wrote:

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2023 at 16:36
6.5 (maybe 7)/10
I reserve judgement at this point.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2023 at 17:26
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

6.5 (maybe 7)/10
I reserve judgement at this point.

Yeah... it's still quality Jethro Tull sound and composition (same as Zealot Gene). Ian has the talent to use chords and melodies that resonate with me, they still do that. Kudos, at 74!

Not for people who want development and innovation though, and it is painful to hear the limits of his voice so clearly at any point. And then Martin's missing.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2023 at 20:37
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Yeah... it's still quality Jethro Tull sound and composition (same as Zealot Gene). Ian has the talent to use chords and melodies that resonate with me, they still do that. Kudos, at 74!

Not for people who want development and innovation though, and it is painful to hear the limits of his voice so clearly at any point. And then Martin's missing.

Hi,

Maybe my ears have had enough of listening to Ian ... it sounds the same as a lot of his previous stuff with some hints of things done before that got our attention. I'm not sure this is a really good show of "progressive music" as much as it is just another JT song, the past 30 years.

The flute sounds good though, but I think that he has this idea that his words are more important than the music ... and I honestly, don't think so.

Above all ... it reminds me of something Ian said on his Rick Wakeman special ... "that every thing that could be done with rock'n'roll has already been done" ... which is the same thing as saying that all he can do is duplicate himself ... wow ... what a great achievement! Tongue. Good thing that I was done with JT many years ago, and hearing this song, reminded me of what has become very boring ... which, of course, has already been done!!!!!

Edited by moshkito - January 22 2023 at 07:06
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2023 at 21:23
I rather enjoyed it. Somehow it reminded me of some Spinal Tap music.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2023 at 19:24
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Your selling Ian short...he's 75!
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2023 at 20:28
That new song sounded better than I expected. Anyone knows if the whole album is going to be connected to viking mythology, or only this one?
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 07:10
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

That new song sounded better than I expected. Anyone knows if the whole album is going to be connected to viking mythology, or only this one?

Hi,

"...sounded..." same thing as the PT album ... sounded great, but the music itself was below par and it likely suffered because of the production design. I'm not sure that Ian defined his music as well as he might have his own "lyrics" ... and that leaves the band out.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
The-Station-Pilot View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The-Station-Pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2023 at 00:26
It actually quite enjoyed this one, it's definitely one of Tull's strongest compositions since Roots to Branches. That said Ian's voice sounds the weakest it's ever been sadly and the one thing that lets the track down.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2023 at 06:06
Sounds quite good. Nothing out of this world, more like the later days Ian Anderson material, but worth listening. 
Megistus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megistus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2023 at 22:21
Nice to hear some Tull again! Actually I think Ian's voice sounds OK all things considered... surprised not hear a belting flute solo... It seemed to me lately that the worse his voice got, the better his flute playing was... will have to see what the rest of the album is like.

Lots of key noise on the flute riff... I don't think I've ever heard that on a Tull track before!

This one tune is highly formulaic, almost like a demo tune I heard a while back for a flute sample library... Hopefully, the rest of the album will contain some surprises, otherwise -enjoyable as Tull always are... it'll just be more of the same.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2023 at 13:31
Originally posted by Heart of the Matter Heart of the Matter wrote:

Originally posted by tupan tupan wrote:

I like it!!  Smile
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2023 at 15:40
Another couple of songs:

This one I like specially

Post Reply Post Reply