Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To which age group do youse belong?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 08:39
Originally posted by amarthu amarthu wrote:

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Ise don't want to tell. Big smile
Isn’t it weird that in English ‘you’ doesn’t have a distinctive plural form?LOL
No, I don't think so, you is usually a singular pronoun. If you want to make more inclusive, as in when talking to a group of people you can still use you or you can use you all.

BTW, I'm an F
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 08:39
E. Not a musician. Not retired. I think what will date some people is that this is an Internet forum, a format that I think is declining, some may say dead. Most users are people who started using forums (in general, not necessarily this one) 15-20 years ago, so fewer young people not because of prog music, but the format here.
amarthu View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amarthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 08:52
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

No, I don't think so, you is usually a singular pronoun. If you want to make more inclusive, as in when talking to a group of people you can still use you or you can use you all.

BTW, I'm an F
Yeah I see, thanks
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 08:59

just kidding.Big smile

You can edit the thread title you know... 

Yeah. But it’s not a mistake. Youse is a dialect word.

is it? 
ok then, i thought it was a typo. LOL
Ya, like when Vinny Gambini says "youts" Wink

Edited by JD - January 22 2023 at 09:01
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 09:12

I wonder, well, how old youse are. What kind of people tend to enjoy prog? Musicians mainly? And have most of you, who post on this websites, known prog for a really long time? Are there teenagers or have you retired? Wink

65, not musician, progger more or less since mid-'70s, retired. Smile
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 11:40
Our Youse !
in the middle of the Street
Our Youse !
Courtesy of Madness

over 60, non musician, prog fan since 1973
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 11:56
I'm E and 2 years from F
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 12:11
I'm in the - A group.......I'm 4yr old.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 12:46
^Chronologically man...not maturity wise, otherwise we'd all be 4 year olds. LOL
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 12:52
Originally posted by Progkast Progkast wrote:

E. Musician. Prog fan since ever I can remember, but specifically remember Yes' Roundabout as one of my early faves... and so Yes, and the Moody Blues, and always a fan of all types of music.

its nice that the Moodies have been getting a bit of recognition around here of late... Clap
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 13:19

Good to know because I've had some problems with that. 
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 13:24
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

Originally posted by Progkast Progkast wrote:

E. Musician. Prog fan since ever I can remember, but specifically remember Yes' Roundabout as one of my early faves... and so Yes, and the Moody Blues, and always a fan of all types of music.
its nice that the Moodies have been getting a bit of recognition around here of late... Clap

I'm very fond of and impressed by Days of Future Passed, if anybody should be in doubt, even it was not only result of the bands' skills. Big smile

Edited by David_D - January 22 2023 at 14:51
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 13:26
D
enigmatic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote enigmatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 13:56
F, not a musician, not retired. I've been listening to progressive rock for over 50 years, but with some breaks, when either music didn't matter to me or life happened and I didn't have time for music.

Edited by enigmatic - January 24 2023 at 06:17
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 14:04
Here, please figure it out: 

My first concert on the big stage was Alice Cooper's "School's Out" tour, with Captain Beyond opening.  Amazing.

Second was Yes on their "Close to the Edge" tour (Yessongs), with Eagles opening.  Beyond amazing. 

I also saw King Crimson LTIA show without Jamie, Led Zeppelin "Houses of the Holy" tour, Jethro Tull's "Thick as a Brick" tour and tons of others. 

Age doth have its advantages.  I'm older than dirt. 
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 14:11

^Chronologically man...not maturity wise, otherwise we'd all be 4 year olds. LOL
We are all 4....LOL
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 14:21
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 15:55
E. I'm a bit of a musician, but not that much. Prog came to me in 1979 if I remember correctly.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 16:29
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Here, please figure it out: 

My first concert on the big stage was Alice Cooper's "School's Out" tour, with Captain Beyond opening.  Amazing.

That was my first concert as well in 1972 (with The Coop, Captain Beyond and Jo Jo Gunne), followed within a year by Deep Purple and Black Sabbath in 1973.

But I think you're still older than me. I was 12 and my older cousins snuck me out of the house. No way in hell would mom left me go see Alice (not after hearing "Dead Babies" blaring from my bedroom). 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2023 at 20:35
I'm65 actually. Semi-pro musician, but never really could make a living making/playing music. I love progressive music and plan to listen to as much as I can in the short span of life I have left. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>